Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
2002 PT Cruiser solenoid

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03 Feb 2012, 10:51 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default 2002 PT Cruiser solenoid

I have a 2002 PT Cruiser - live in Mexico and need a replacement Solenoid and need the ORIGINAL PART NUMBER, detailed picture of the original or something that will allow me to find a replacement solenoid. I just travelled 4 hours to the Chrysler dealership here and they 1) don't sell only the solenoid 2) won't get the part for over a week, and 3) it's hundreds of dollars.

So, I bought a solenoid but what I bought is not correct. My electrician tried gerry-rigging the previous one but it only lasted a month and I threw out the original solenoid piece!

I'm in a bind, need my car, and need to find a replacement piece without waiting for 10 days, and taking another entire day on the bus to get the whole starter from Chrysler.

Please, PT Cruiser gods, let me know asap!
THANK YOU!
Old 04 Feb 2012, 01:42 am
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: 2002 PT Cruiser solenoid

are you talking about a starter solenoid? if so, i know they don't sell just the solenoid. you have to get the whole starter assembly. but, a solenoid from a '94 jeep will do the trick. i could be wrong on the year, but it bolts right on the pt starter.

lemme see if i can find the exact year and part number.

i can't find the info. just take your original solenoid to autozone and match it up with one for a 94 jeep 4 cylinder. the mounting should be the same except the positive terminal will be a little off, but workable. i did this on the wife's 2001. worked like a charm.

Last edited by soyomb; 04 Feb 2012 at 02:00 am. Reason: adding info