Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Changing Plugs and Wires

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06 Feb 2012, 02:28 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Changing Plugs and Wires

getting ready to replace them i just bought the car and dont know if its got factory plugs in the car or if they have been replaced and since its such a big just to just look at them ill go ahead and replace them while ive got them out even if they are new, lol

I work at Napa Auto Parts and after looking though everything i can choose from ive came up with these... "based on my paycheck lol"

NGK G Power Platinum

NAPA AUTO PARTS

Belden 7mm Wires

NAPA AUTO PARTS)

Last edited by Koch; 06 Feb 2012 at 02:34 pm.
Old 06 Feb 2012, 03:52 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default Re: Changing Plugs and Wires

Do not use Platinum. Get the NGK copper plugs.

Watch out for anchor engine mounts!!
Old 06 Feb 2012, 05:00 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

WHY can't he use Platinum, he doesn't have a turbo. Platinum's are fine, been using the Double Platinum for almost the life of the car. As long as they're for the PT, use em. Champion has #7440/7570 that work fine and last a heck of a long time.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 11 Feb 2012, 02:56 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
WHY can't he use Platinum, he doesn't have a turbo. Platinum's are fine, been using the Double Platinum for almost the life of the car. As long as they're for the PT, use em. Champion has #7440/7570 that work fine and last a heck of a long time.
anyone?
Old 11 Feb 2012, 03:34 pm
Senior Cruiser

Platinum is fine for a non-turbo. The NGK v power is a great plug too.

2001 PT Cruiser 5-speed; 1976 Oldsmobile Cutlass S; 1990 Chevy 454SS; 1995 Caprice Classic woody
www.rcktpwrd.com
Old 11 Feb 2012, 09:02 pm
Senior Cruiser

To be honest, I tried the Belden Blue plug wire set, and they wouldn't set (click) into place. Then I tried to adjust the length of the wires in relationship to the collars. That was impossible; they wouldn't move at all. So I went out and bought a set of Bosch wires, and they clicked in perfectly.

Tim
Old 12 Feb 2012, 12:47 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdfrodolives View Post
To be honest, I tried the Belden Blue plug wire set, and they wouldn't set (click) into place. Then I tried to adjust the length of the wires in relationship to the collars. That was impossible; they wouldn't move at all. So I went out and bought a set of Bosch wires, and they clicked in perfectly.

Tim
I noticed that when I changed mine. No click and very easy to pull off. I went with the bosch also.
Old 12 Feb 2012, 04:26 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

x3...tried the NAPA Belden blue wires on mine and they were very difficult to get to click on...one wouldn't go on at all...the terminals were too far up in side the boot...molded in and impossible to adjust. Went back to NAPA and told them about the problem...they gave me another set and this time the terminals looked to be in the proper position...took 'em home and installed them and they clicked on fine and have been OK ever since. Was rather dismayed about this...usually NAPA and Belden are quality stuff.
Old 19 Mar 2012, 04:30 pm
Young Cruiser

Ive been using the Bosch Platinum 2 and 4's in my car since I bought it 5 years ago. First I used the 2's after reading about them on the forum. The car ran so much better than it did before changing them. I did the wires too at that time. My next set of plugs was the 4's only because the parts store didnt have the others I wanted. Again it ran great with those plugs. Im planning on replacing them again this week with a set of the 4's. Rockauto has them for under $4 each, and there is a $3 mail in rebate on them. Each plug will be under a dollar each. Cant beat that price!
Old 19 Mar 2012, 07:32 pm
Cool Cruiser

i changed mine last week went with the Belden from NAPA and a set of Champion Double Platinum
NAPA AUTO PARTS)