PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
You guys aint' gonna believe this one!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06 Feb 2012, 04:43 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default You guys aint' gonna believe this one!!!

Okay, so today I'm going to drop off my daughter's cheerleader shoes at her school, because she forgot that she had a basketball game tonight to cheer at, and when I hit the on-ramp I dropped down to 4th to get on and watched the tach go over 6k, but no added pull. H3ll, that darned clutch has been giving me grief for 2 years now, been babying it to get it to last, and finally it's gone.

So, dragged my rear end over to the dealership, Lake Norman CJD, which is owned by a friend of mine and the place I've purchased my last 5 vehicles from. I figured I was in for a huge hit because, well, it's a dealership! Now I had called about a week ago and spoke to the Service Manager (another guy named Robin), and he had put a quote together for me but wouldn't tell me about it. Said I had to come talk to Jack, the owner, to get the quote. So today since it failed, and I'm not really in the mood to fix it myself, went ahead and limped over to his dealership.

These guys all know about my PT. I don't normally let them touch it, not even to wash it. I had ordered a molding that goes over the trunk lid, holds down the back of the convertible top, as I'd ripped mine off (oops), and wasn't happy with the $199 price tag.

So, wander in and Jack immediately starts laughing at me when I told him my clutch blew. So while he's chuckling I'm playing the whole "pity poor me" game, about how much it's going to cost, etc., and Jack says, "just leave me the keys and I'll take care of it". Yeah, right. Like I'm gonna do that!!

Well, his assistant comes and grabs me, hands me the keys to a new 200 as a loaner, dumps the rear molding in the back of the car, and tells me to "get my @$$ out of here before Jack catches me". WTH??? Go over to Robin, the Service Manager, and he's laughing too. I'm like, hey, WTH is going on here?

Okay, so here's the deal - Robin went ahead and ordered a custom German made LUK Stage 2 clutch kit, complete, including flywheel, TOB, everything. This is the type of clutch kit used in the Mercedes Sports Coupe convertible! This ain't no cheapo "I just needs me a workin clutch" type of kit. So, I start sweating because I'm sure I can't afford this thing and Robin tells me not to worry about it.

Huh? So, Stephanie, Jack's assistant, comes back out and tells me that Jack is only charging me $1021 for the full removal of the old, install of the new, and is giving me the rear deck molding free and going ahead and telling his guys to install it for me.

So here I am dumbfounded, which many of you who know me know that I'm seldom, if ever, speechless, and really kind of choked up. I got a custom LUK clutch kit, the deck lid molding, and a free loaner car, for $1021 !!!!

Now I'm sure this isn't something he'd offer to everyone, but I set up car shows at his lot twice a year, have only bought my vehicles from him since 2001, and he provides me with tons of give-away items for all the car shows I go to each year. For the AutoFair, he gives me usually a couple cases of T-shirts, sometimes hats, sometimes stadium seats, coffee cups, etc.

So I guess all the business I've sent him is paying off. Wow. I'm still speechless!!!

Last edited by Chromenut; 06 Feb 2012 at 04:54 pm.
Old 06 Feb 2012, 04:51 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: You guys aint' gonna believe this one!!!

Not bad. You blow this one and I'm sure they aren't going to be nice a second time.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 06 Feb 2012, 04:55 pm
Senior Cruiser

Very cool!

2001 PT Cruiser 5-speed; 1976 Oldsmobile Cutlass S; 1990 Chevy 454SS; 1995 Caprice Classic woody
www.rcktpwrd.com
Old 06 Feb 2012, 07:38 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Add to this, they pulled in my PT and started on it right away, and they are saying they think it'll be done tomorrow afternoon. Well, since I couldn't really believe the offer Jack was making, I guess I'm going to believe this stuff too, then start believing that pigs fly....lmao....
Old 06 Feb 2012, 07:44 pm
Young Cruiser

The Luk performance clutches are great parts. They can take quite a bit of abuse, so no worries redlining the sucker. Hell, powershift it! LOL

Nothing like getting taken care of like that. Having connections is great, isn't it? lol I don't think I've ever paid full price for parts, or if I don't have the tools to fix it, full price on repairs.
2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES - 79K
2008 Cadillac DTS - 43K
Old 06 Feb 2012, 08:12 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

It always pays to "take care of the people that take care of you". Now go out and buy a lottery ticket!! Glad he hooked you up!
Old 07 Feb 2012, 10:21 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Lucky Life is good !
Old 07 Feb 2012, 11:12 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Hey, 2011 totally sucked for me and my family, but so far 2012 is turning out to be a great year.
Old 07 Feb 2012, 06:31 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromenut View Post
I guess I'm going to believe this stuff too, then start believing that pigs fly....lmao....

I have always believed that Pigs fly.
Old 07 Feb 2012, 07:43 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayo View Post

I have always believed that Pigs fly.
Knew when I read it rayo would be dead on it!