Advertisements
random stalling

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By VsandFords

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 Feb 2012, 06:53 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Unhappy random stalling

I have been driving my Cruiser for months with no problems until today when for no apparent reason it began dying randomly while I was driving. I usually wouldn't mind but today alone it has died about 6 or 7 times. When it dies all of the electronics shut off and if I try to just compression start it as I'm going I can hear the engine rev but the tach stays at 0. Also, I have no control what soever as to the RPMs while trying to compression start it (giving it gas does nothing). I have also noticed starting today that it seems a little starved for power, lacks the same throttle response that it had, and none of my gears are covering as high of speeds as they used to. Does anybody know what this could be? I need the car back on the road as soon as possible because it is my only means of transportation at this time. (have a Fiero but well...it runs like a fiero) Please post any suggestions you have about what could be wrong with it. Thanks in advance - Kyle

hayes60@yahoo.com
Old 13 Feb 2012, 07:54 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: random stalling

frist what year is it. auto or 5 spd, turbo or NA that all helps.
Old 13 Feb 2012, 09:34 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Oops, sorry I forgot to add all of that. I'm used to the Fiero forum where my signature takes care of all of that for me It's a 2001 Touring Edition with a 5-speed manual gearbox, dohc 16 valve 2.4 liter motor, Naturally Aspirated.
Old 19 Jun 2017, 03:48 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by TicketMagnet View Post
I have been driving my Cruiser for months with no problems until today when for no apparent reason it began dying randomly while I was driving. I usually wouldn't mind but today alone it has died about 6 or 7 times. When it dies all of the electronics shut off and if I try to just compression start it as I'm going I can hear the engine rev but the tach stays at 0. Also, I have no control what soever as to the RPMs while trying to compression start it (giving it gas does nothing). I have also noticed starting today that it seems a little starved for power, lacks the same throttle response that it had, and none of my gears are covering as high of speeds as they used to. Does anybody know what this could be? I need the car back on the road as soon as possible because it is my only means of transportation at this time. (have a Fiero but well...it runs like a fiero) Please post any suggestions you have about what could be wrong with it. Thanks in advance - Kyle

hayes60@yahoo.com
ID start off by turning the key on and off three times watching the mileage till it blinks some codes then says done.. write them down, its a start
Old 19 Jun 2017, 03:51 pm
Senior Cruiser

I see that you are new to the forum. You might want to look at the top left of the post to see the date before answering. This one looks to be 5 years old.
chuzz likes this.

2001 LE, auto, billet grille, tall shifter, polished aluminum spare, K&N filter and Hedman hedder. Why a header? Because it makes me happy!

Tags
die, electrical, power, stall, throttle