PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements
       

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Motor Mounts

 
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 15 Feb 2012, 01:11 am
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: OKC
Posts: 296
Exclamation Motor Mounts

So, my girlfriends 02 Limited PT (in signature) has been shaking like crazy and I figured I'd do some research and I'm going to go ahead and assume it's motor mounts. Today I had her rev the engine and shift and the engine would move freely. I know OEM's are crap and I know that on a turbo the Bwoody's and AGP are great, but will they fit her Non-Turbo? Are all PT motor mounts universal?

If not, where is a good site to find some? I have done my research and a lot of people just ask how to replace and I just want to know where to get them.

Thanks for the look over, it's much appreciated!

(Even if it is not the motor mounts, it couldn't hurt to get them changed considering her PT is sitting at 192k miles)
__________________

Wife's White 2002 Limited: Konig 17" Rims, 5000k White HID Head Lights,

My Red 2003 GT: Sold.....

Last edited by Jimmy2011; 15 Feb 2012 at 01:14 am.
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 15 Feb 2012, 01:29 am
Fanatic Cruiser
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 543
Default Re: Motor Mounts

They will fit.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 15 Feb 2012, 01:33 am
Fanatic Cruiser
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 543
Default Re: Motor Mounts

Just look for the '03-'05 neon srt4 motor mounts. They are all over the net. The srt4 tranny mount will not fit the PT, just the motor mounts.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 15 Feb 2012, 07:51 am
Dedicated Cruiser
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,943
Default Re: Motor Mounts

If you are putting them on a car with an automatic tranny, you are going to hate them...The engine will shake like crazy while in "D", specially when you stop in a traffic light and with the AC on.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 15 Feb 2012, 01:01 pm
Fanatic Cruiser
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 543
Default Re: Motor Mounts

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtrmDC2 View Post
If you are putting them on a car with an automatic tranny, you are going to hate them...The engine will shake like crazy while in "D", specially when you stop in a traffic light and with the AC on.
For the automatic just go with the stock srt4 motor mounts.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 15 Feb 2012, 07:45 pm
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: OKC
Posts: 296
Smile Re: Motor Mounts

Alright, I really appreciate the quick feedback, I'll search for replacement motor mounts on srt4!

Also (a little off topic), are the alternator belt, serpentine belt and timing belt the same thing?

Since she's coming around 200k I am making a list of things to get.

1. Motor Mounts (Srt4 stock)
2. RockAuto Timing Belt Component Kit W/Water Pump
3. Brakes
4. Re-Gap Spark plugs (Change if needed, checking this weekend)
5. Oil Change (regular maintenance)

Anything else I may be missing?
__________________

Wife's White 2002 Limited: Konig 17" Rims, 5000k White HID Head Lights,

My Red 2003 GT: Sold.....
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 15 Feb 2012, 08:12 pm
mdfrodolives's Avatar
Senior Cruiser
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,313
Default Re: Motor Mounts

Jimmy, you're talking three different belts. Also, try Autozone for your upper and lower struts (motor mounts). I put in their "Duralast" brand and they don't shake at idle--but they do, in fact, last ....

Tim
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 15 Feb 2012, 09:02 pm
fabreezai's Avatar
Fanatic Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Norad Colorado
Posts: 714
Default Re: Motor Mounts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy2011 View Post
Alright, I really appreciate the quick feedback, I'll search for replacement motor mounts on srt4!

Also (a little off topic), are the alternator belt, serpentine belt and timing belt the same thing?

Since she's coming around 200k I am making a list of things to get.

1. Motor Mounts (Srt4 stock)
2. RockAuto Timing Belt Component Kit W/Water Pump
3. Brakes
4. Re-Gap Spark plugs (Change if needed, checking this weekend)
5. Oil Change (regular maintenance)

Anything else I may be missing?
I would make sure the timing belt kit comes with the tentioner and idler pulley. As well, while you are in there, get the 2 cam shaft seals and front crank shaft seal and replace them with that many miles. They are only about $6-8 each and are easily assessable while you are doing the timing belt. Just my 2 cents.
__________________
Cheers! 2003 2.4, N/A, Touring, Supercharged, 5 speed. 126k..... Blew up that engine, building another to take the boost! Built a new engine, still working out some issuess.......
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 15 Feb 2012, 09:23 pm
Busted_PT's Avatar
Obsessed Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Beckley, W.V.
Posts: 13,901
Smile Re: Motor Mounts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabreezai View Post
I would make sure the timing belt kit comes with the tentioner and idler pulley. As well, while you are in there, get the 2 cam shaft seals and front crank shaft seal and replace them with that many miles. They are only about $6-8 each and are easily assessable while you are doing the timing belt. Just my 2 cents.
X 2 make that 4c
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 15 Feb 2012, 10:01 pm
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: OKC
Posts: 296
Question Re: Motor Mounts

Are these all the belts I will need?

Alternator: Master Pro Belt/Hose K040345 - V-Ribbed Belt | O'Reilly Auto Parts

Power Steering (Referred to as "Serpentine"? Gates Micro-V ATŪ K040560 - OEM Quality Serpentine Belt | O'Reilly Auto Parts
__________________

Wife's White 2002 Limited: Konig 17" Rims, 5000k White HID Head Lights,

My Red 2003 GT: Sold.....
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Motor mounts going bad wasmussen General PT Cruiser Discussions 31 07 May 2015 07:23 pm
motor mounts bogaz Tech & Performance Forum 17 26 Dec 2011 10:47 am
Motor mounts sdwilson General PT Cruiser Discussions 4 13 May 2011 10:15 am
Motor mounts sdwilson Tech & Performance Forum 8 03 Aug 2010 12:49 pm
Motor mounts saldagus Tech & Performance Forum 6 15 Apr 2009 09:06 am


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:51 pm.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
vB.Sponsors