Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
General question and HUGE THANKS!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19 Feb 2012, 04:27 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Exclamation General question and HUGE THANKS!

Ok so it looks like I made it through all of the drama with my PT after disconnecting both battery terminals and letting it sit for an hour. After reconnecting I pressed to odometer reset button while in the on position and let it check all of the sensors. Ran pretty flawlessly. Still a few very minor sputters or lags.

Question is...after doing all of that does this car have self adjusting valves etc and will it take some time for it to "re-learn" anything while I"m driving to get the final few sputters to work themselves out? I know stupid question

Thanks to all who have helped me through this whole dilemma. Could not have done it without the great friends here!
Old 19 Feb 2012, 04:30 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: General question and HUGE THANKS!

Once the power is taken away from the computer for a reset and clearing of the codes, it will take the computer a minute or two to re-learn your settings.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 19 Feb 2012, 04:35 pm
Fresh Cruiser

thanks Crewzin! When you say a minute or two does that mean driving around for a few days? I can do that...I'm out of work so nothing more to do than waste gas LOL! Thanks again for all of your help with this.
Old 19 Feb 2012, 04:55 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

No, I meant a minute or two. Doesn't take long for the computer to get input from all the sensors and know how to run things.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 19 Feb 2012, 05:33 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Cool, thanks again! Off to return some parts to the parts store LOL!