Advertisements
P0123 Throttle Position (TP) Sensor Circuit High Voltage

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By wwpptc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 Feb 2012, 03:06 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Exclamation P0123 Throttle Position (TP) Sensor Circuit High Voltage

So i take the throttle position sensor off my 03 (which runs like a champ and is throwing no codes) put it on the 01 same part numbers, clear the codes 20 feet of driving and engine light comes on and p0123 code again. Is there anything that would cause a false reading ?
Old 22 Feb 2012, 05:27 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: P0123 Throttle Position (TP) Sensor Circuit High Voltage

There's 30 people looked at your thread so far. I know a few of those that looked are very knowledgeable, but haven't answered. Your stumping the panel, but that's not a good thing and there's no prize. Hope you get it figured out.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 22 Feb 2012, 05:29 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

That's one of the weird things about these sensors - you can put the same sensor on 5 different PT's and get 5 different readings off of it. Have you tried replacing it and if so did you go OEM or after-market? The after-market sensors detest our PT's and just don't last.
Old 22 Feb 2012, 05:57 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I took the original OEM tps off my 03 cruiser.
Old 22 Feb 2012, 06:38 pm
Banned

Since it did it with two differant sensors, I would look into a broken or grounded out (from chaffing etc.) wire or a breakdown in the connector to the tps. Carefully check all the wiring from the tps back as far as you go.

Also just for your information, you are supposed to install a new o-ring each time you remove & replace the tps. its depth and seal sensitive. also/also when you position it and then turn clockwise to line it up, if it turns really hard you have it 180 degrees out of sync. Pull it back off and turn the enterior alignment tab system 180 and then realign and bolt down.

Unfortunantly if it's those things you're beyond my help here online because you will need diagnostic tools hooked up.

Also did you try putting the second TPS back on the 03 PT and see if it still works like did before. Just for giggles.

Jerry
uncomn likes this.
Old 22 Feb 2012, 07:30 pm
Fresh Cruiser

the 03 is garaged for the winter with the battery out so I didnt check it when I put it back.