Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
fuel injectors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28 Feb 2012, 10:29 am
Young Cruiser

Default fuel injectors

Now I don't see this in the how to section which is great by the way but how would someone go about changing injectors? And is there a way to test and see if they're clogged thanx for the help in advance love my pt but they sure are puzzle like

03 N/A CRUISER
Old 28 Feb 2012, 10:39 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Default Re: fuel injectors

You can get them cleaned, tested and adjusted here:

SouthBay Fuel Injectors New OEM and Remanufactured, Injector Cleaning and Flow Testing Service.

Me and a few PT guys had them done there with great results and is only $60 for all four.
Old 28 Feb 2012, 11:08 am
Banned

What makes you think they are clogged and just for giggles, what plugs and wires did you use? Also, what did you gap the plugs at? It should be .040 or less.

Also/also, Is that a "fart can" I see in your profile? I'll heed my mothers words on that one.

Jerry
Old 28 Feb 2012, 11:28 am
Young Cruiser

I don't think they're clogged just curious and didn't see it and I just put mew plugs in as the old ones I think were never changed since they put the new engine in around 07 or 08 Yikes they had a nice groove in them and lord help me if I can remember what plugs I put in they were 6.99 a pop at advance auto parts supposedly the best ones in stock and I have stock wires money's a little tight right now and.......yes that's a fart can but I love the deep rumble that comes out of it

03 N/A CRUISER
Old 28 Feb 2012, 11:34 am
Young Cruiser

Just looked at the receipt it only says iridiums I have to close the gap on them a little I'm not sure why I didn't when I put them in what's the easiest way of doing that without damaging them?

03 N/A CRUISER
Old 28 Feb 2012, 11:35 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Guess they stopped teaching punctuation in school nowadays.

If "they" never changed the plugs, it's a good chance "they" never changed the wires either. You should have put a new set in with the plugs. The injectors rarely fail but can get plugged up. Throw in a bottle of Chevron Techron into the gas tank. You didn't say your having any problems so why suspect the injectors are bad?

As far as your "fart' can muffler; if it's the type that's almost see-through with very little or NO back-pressure, that can lead to problems on it's own. The PT engine needs a certain amount of back-pressure to run well.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.

Last edited by CREWZIN; 28 Feb 2012 at 11:38 am.
Old 28 Feb 2012, 11:52 am
Young Cruiser

I don't suspect the injectors being bad just curious is all I take great interest in anything that has to do with an engine. What would you suggest as far as mufflers go a thrush, dynomax something along those lines? The people I'm referring to as "they" are the people from the collision repair shop

03 N/A CRUISER
Old 28 Feb 2012, 01:03 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

DynoMax is good I have one myself but if you like the way it sounds and there's some sort of muffler inside the one you have, that will be good enough to create the back-pressure that's needed.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 28 Feb 2012, 01:28 pm
Young Cruiser

Nope its straight through so ill look into a new muffler wheni have the extra $$ if I would have known pat's needed back pressure I would've gotten an actual muffler thanx for your input its much appreciated

03 N/A CRUISER