Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
2006 cruiser

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04 Mar 2012, 10:35 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default 2006 cruiser

I recently had the fuel pump changed by my relatives. Well after filling the tank all he way up and off to work I went my car was hard to start. It started first crank and would stall right out turn key off try again start up stall and the third time start and idle horribly. I went to work and it acted very sluggish and then going up a steep hill it acted like it wasnt getting fuel and my rpms shot up. Got to work was ready to leave and wouldnt start. Put fuel injector cleaner in it tried starting it three times letting that pressure build up and finally it went. Took it to a mechanic told him what was up he said he found a pinched fuel line and the injectors were extremely dirty from the boys beating on the tank tryin to get it back up. So no problem easy fix. Yeah well same thing is happening all oer again. Take three or numerous times of cranking it/lettin pressure build up before it starts. Once it gets going though it runs fine besides going up steep hills. Any suggestions as this wk I am extremely poor.
Old 04 Mar 2012, 10:56 am
Banned

Default Re: 2006 cruiser

If I were you, I would take it back to that mechanic post-haste! You said the mechanic said "no problem-easy fix" . So did he fix it and more importantly, if he did, that means you paid for it to be fixed by him. Take it back and have him fix it correctly. Should be on his dime if he didn't do it right the first time, after all he is "a mechanic".

Since we're online and can't deal with your car from here, we can't check fuel pressure, etc. from here. He should be the one doing that. It's his job.

Jerry

Last edited by wwpptc; 04 Mar 2012 at 11:04 am.