Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Whipple questions help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04 Mar 2012, 12:27 pm
Young Cruiser

Default Whipple questions help

I am thinking of buying a Whipple supercharger and I was wondering about some things about them. I have done some research but have not found very much about it. Here are my questions

1. Where do you buy one? I can't find the Pt Cruiser supercharger on Whipple's site or anywhere else really

2. Does it really increase mpg while casually driving? I can't find any numbers about this and this seems odd because the idea of a supercharger is more air gets into the cylinder which means more fuel and less mpg. If anyone has one or has had one I would like them to speak out about this.

3. Does it come with everything I need to install it?

4. Is it compatible with a 2007 Cruiser? I am pretty sure it is but I would like another confirmation.

5. Will my engine explode? as in Will it greatly decrease the life of my engine? (mine is N/A)

6. How good is there costumer service? I would ask them these questions but I don't like dealing with stupid people over
the phone or worse by email

Thanks again in advanced
Old 04 Mar 2012, 12:46 pm
Banned

Default Re: Whipple questions help

Go to;

http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...keover-ii.html

Fabreezai is the threads author and what you don't already find in the thread you can ask about in it.

Jerry

Last edited by wwpptc; 04 Mar 2012 at 12:59 pm.
Old 04 Mar 2012, 12:56 pm
Banned

Apparently my link isn't working so go to "Maters Makeover II" on the second page back of the tech-performance section and check the entire thread.

Or someone can possably put up the correct thread?

Jerry

Last edited by wwpptc; 04 Mar 2012 at 12:59 pm.
Old 04 Mar 2012, 01:02 pm
Banned

Nevermind, I fixed it.

Jerry
Old 05 Mar 2012, 11:25 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonsylrc View Post
I am thinking of buying a Whipple supercharger and I was wondering about some things about them. I have done some research but have not found very much about it. Here are my questions

1. Where do you buy one? I can't find the Pt Cruiser supercharger on Whipple's site or anywhere else really

2. Does it really increase mpg while casually driving? I can't find any numbers about this and this seems odd because the idea of a supercharger is more air gets into the cylinder which means more fuel and less mpg. If anyone has one or has had one I would like them to speak out about this.

3. Does it come with everything I need to install it?

4. Is it compatible with a 2007 Cruiser? I am pretty sure it is but I would like another confirmation.

5. Will my engine explode? as in Will it greatly decrease the life of my engine? (mine is N/A)

6. How good is there costumer service? I would ask them these questions but I don't like dealing with stupid people over
the phone or worse by email

Thanks again in advanced
I could have swarn I posted in this thread and answered all of bon's questions a couple days ago. Am I crazy? missing something? Dreaming? or need to do better drugs? Something about only made for the 01'-02' pt's? someone else (i think it was busted pt) saying they stopped making the whipple when the turbos came out?

Last edited by fabreezai; 05 Mar 2012 at 11:28 pm.
Old 05 Mar 2012, 11:39 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabreezai View Post
I could have swarn I posted in this thread and answered all of bon's questions a couple days ago. Am I crazy? missing something? Dreaming? or need to do better drugs? Something about only made for the 01'-02' pt's? someone else (i think it was busted pt) saying they stopped making the whipple when the turbos came out?
Sorry, found it. It was the better drugs! LOL!