Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Oil too clean!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05 Mar 2012, 07:34 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Oil too clean!

Good afternoon, Cruisers! I have an odd question: has anyone used Valvoline Fully Snythetic oil ... and found that the oil seems to stay nice and clean--even after 1000 miles?

I'm not used to fully synthetics, so maybe this is a normal occurrance. But when I put an oil (type) product into my car's engine--and it has detergent properties, like all modern oils--I expect to see a little brownish color in the oil after a thousand or so miles. This Valvoline synthetic, seems like I just put it in--even after the miles have rolled on.

Is this normal?

Ordinarily, I use straight Castrol 5w30w (Dino), or Castrol Synthetic/Blend (a half and half sort of mixture, I suppose), and after a few hundred miles I start to see the oil get darker; so this is why I'm wondering.

Tim
Old 05 Mar 2012, 07:39 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: Oil too clean!

Hm? I forgot to mention that I had a new oil pan installed, just after putting in the oil. The mechanic who put the new pan on said he saved my new oil in a clean container and put it back in. So, I wonder if having a brand new oil pan (with no sludge whatsoever, obviously) has something to do with my new oil looking too new for too long.

Tim
Old 05 Mar 2012, 07:47 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdfrodolives View Post
Hm? I forgot to mention that I had a new oil pan installed, just after putting in the oil. The mechanic who put the new pan on said he saved my new oil in a clean container and put it back in. So, I wonder if having a brand new oil pan (with no sludge whatsoever, obviously) has something to do with my new oil looking too new for too long.

Tim
Sounds like you answered your own question.
Old 05 Mar 2012, 09:22 pm
Veteran Cruiser

My oil seems to stay clean for several thousand-
What dirty oil?

Get a diesel!
Old 06 Mar 2012, 10:38 am
Obsessed Cruiser

i change my oil every month and its not actually black it is way darker than new oil --but think the first few times you xchanged your oil in a new car its still almost clear when it comes out
Old 06 Mar 2012, 01:14 pm
Banned

I change every 5000. It always looks as clean as the day I put it in.

Jerry
Old 29 May 2012, 11:17 pm
Young Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdfrodolives View Post

Tim
Well, im also using the safe stuff as what called volvoline and had a new oil pan. nothing happens so i guess it's not that oil pan. Could be a leak on the tank itself...

Last edited by CREWZIN; 30 May 2012 at 06:16 am.
Old 30 May 2012, 06:21 am
Obsessed Cruiser

genaro,

What the heck are you talking about. You took a older thread that was talking clean oil and started talking about some sort of leak you had that changing the oil pan didn't stop. That was a lot of expense for something (oil pan) you didn't know was causing the leak. Should have done some more testing/searching before replacing a large part like that.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.