PT Cruiser Forum  

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

What is this part called (pic included)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 31 Mar 2012, 11:49 am
Fresh Cruiser
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 6
Default What is this part called (pic included)

i was taking off the intake manifold and wasnt paying attention when the part the hose conects onto snapped off inside the hose. i cant drive the car now and i have no idea what this is called in order to find a new one
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 31 Mar 2012, 12:11 pm
mndobondo's Avatar
Young Cruiser
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: lancaster ca
Posts: 66
Send a message via Yahoo to mndobondo
Default Re: What is this part called (pic included)

PCV valve
2004 Touring Electric Blue woodie..2.4L SFI DOHC billet two piece grill chrome mirror covers buillet surfboard rearview mirror front alpine speakers rear roxford fosgate punch full range and a mopar subwoofer
Fun to drive room for five!!
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 31 Mar 2012, 12:28 pm
CREWZIN's Avatar
Obsessed Cruiser
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: West Central Florida
Posts: 27,734
Default Re: What is this part called (pic included)

Originally Posted by mndobondo View Post
PCV valve

You did take the black hose with the writing on it off the PCV valve right? You can carefully unscrew the PCV valve and give it a shake to see if the "ball" inside is moving freely. The PCV valve is a one way valve and the ball must move freely when yu shake the valve for the valve to be operative.
...just CREWZIN along! . . . PT Cruiser Links Moderator
2000 PT. Original Owner, 123,000 miles
MY technical suggestions are given in GOOD FAITH without total guarantee, if in doubt go to a garage.
Cruiser Of The Month (COTM) May, 2015.
Visit My Home Page
I find it ironic that the colors red, white, and blue stand for freedom until they are flashing behind you.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 31 Mar 2012, 02:00 pm
Fresh Cruiser
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 6
Default Re: What is this part called (pic included)

oh man i love this forum you guys saved the day again. i had no idea what that was and since i was about to ride a bike i wanted to know before i made the journey. and crewzin i broke the extension part the hose slides onto thanks again guys
Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What is this part called? Danjact Interior Accessories Forum 1 02 Dec 2011 11:57 pm
Help!! I Need to order a part and have no idea what this is called? kooseman General PT Cruiser Discussions 10 14 Mar 2011 01:33 pm
Got my first PT (pics included) CaseysPT General PT Cruiser Discussions 17 04 Jan 2010 07:00 pm
What is this part? (link to picture included) Greenie Wheels, Tires, Suspension 3 24 Jul 2009 08:14 pm
Burn hole...Pic included ucantcme General PT Cruiser Discussions 13 11 Mar 2008 11:52 pm

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:13 pm.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.