PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Why HOAT? The PT radiator coolant thread...

Like Tree26Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Mar 2015, 08:52 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: Why HOAT? The PT radiator coolant thread...

😁 You guys need to chill! I wasn' really asking for myself, can't afford 90 bucks at the moment! I ran across this while thread hopping interesting topics, and thought "DUE TO THIS BEING AN INFORMATIVE STICKY" it should be all inclusive. Evan's Waterless Coolant has been discussed in another (uninformative) burried thread, but if one is not aware of the coolant, this particular thread, BEING A STICKY, is a great place to learn about options, no?

I was trying to contribute, but if this is the treatment one receives for spending valuable time trying to help others, you may need to think before you speak/post as you will lose valuable people who would have benefited this site!

BTW, the thread you so nicely sent is worthless! If you have no experience with a product, you are doing a disservice to the readers of this forum by offering unsubstantiated opinions on something that may be of value to others.

I saw Jay Leno,s video before I posted, read a few articles, and thought this product "might be" of benefit to some readers of this forum. I was fishing for verified experiences, not off the cuff detrimental comments which serves to misinform, not educate.

For the record, my information says It's a great product primarily used in the racing industry, and cooling systems of antique autos where ultimate protection is sought. Should this product perform as advertised, I think we'll start seeing it, or an imitation, as standard equipment in production vehicles soon. I say this because it purports to surpass just about every specification in regards to coolant, and it's not fatal should your pet sneak a drink!

I have read pros and cons on this product, and would not be comfortable using it in my GT just yet, but will research more, and report back what I learn; despite the fact a few on this board don't care for espousing new members. Take care all
Old 17 Mar 2015, 11:51 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Everyone should just flush their system to get rid of the old orange/pink rusty-looking HOAT formula before it stains everything. That stuff went out of style with the mullet and Grunge music. And then just refill with modern yellow/green Prestone Long Life antifreeze which is universally compatible and recommended by Chrysler.

Just had to add my two cents.
Old 18 Mar 2015, 12:06 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTTuber View Post
You guys need to chill!
WOW! maybe you should take your own advise? BTW go back and read what I posted on that thread! Take notice the last response and suggestion by me!
Old 18 Mar 2015, 12:39 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Maybe this conversation should have been continued in the original thread started in February about Evans Waterless Engine Coolant. As others have posted it pretty easy to find this thread.

Waterless coolant?
Closed Thread