Advertisements
Brakes problem

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By rob342

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 Apr 2012, 08:50 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Brakes problem

Ok so i have a 2003 pt turbo and I bought all new rotors and pads for the front of my pt well the driver side brakes rotor when on like nothing but the passanger side I'm having problems with the rotor went on the pads are on but when I try to put on the caliper it WON'T fit the piston on the caliper is pushed in all the way I even went and bought a new caliper thinking it was my old one and even the new one doesn't fit SOMEONE help please
Old 23 Apr 2012, 08:55 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: Brakes problem

where are you located? sometimes you get lucky and someone will lend a hand.

i'd be willing to bet the pins the caliper slides on are frozen.

reinstall the rotor and caliper(with no pads) and try to pry the caliper open with a small prybar.
Busted_PT likes this.
Old 24 Apr 2012, 12:33 pm
Veteran Cruiser

You're saying either pads or rotor are too thick?

My suggestion (and Chrysler's) is to only buy rotors if they are truly bad, there's many warnings
about aftermarket rotors for very poor quality and low weight; I've had issues with improper machining, too.
Old 24 Apr 2012, 02:54 pm
Senior Cruiser

This same scenario went on a few months back. The guy with the brake problem was asked by (Chromenut?) to send a picture of his caliper/rotor problem. After seeing the problem, I think it was Chromenut, told the guy what he was doing wrong. And all was well.

So, ask Chromenut to fix you up (or maybe the guy other than Chromenut ... I could be wrong about who had the answer).

Tim
Old 17 Jun 2012, 01:09 am
Young Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby View Post
Ok so i have a 2003 pt turbo and I bought all new rotors and pads for the front of my pt well the driver side brakes rotor when on like nothing but the passanger side I'm having problems with the rotor went on the pads are on but when I try to put on the caliper it WON'T fit the piston on the caliper is pushed in all the way I even went and bought a new brake caliper thinking it was my old one and even the new one doesn't fit SOMEONE help please
It's true. I've been on the same boat several weeks ago and just realized that there are parts being distributed to similar vehicle models but some of them do not directly fit because it is sorted by year. As far as i know there is a service bulletin where you can find some guides and instructions.
Old 17 Jun 2012, 11:54 am
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdfrodolives View Post
This same scenario went on a few months back. The guy with the brake problem was asked by (Chromenut?) to send a picture of his caliper/rotor problem. After seeing the problem, I think it was Chromenut, told the guy what he was doing wrong. And all was well.

So, ask Chromenut to fix you up (or maybe the guy other than Chromenut ... I could be wrong about who had the answer).

Tim
Was it Chrome or Crewzin?
Old 17 Jun 2012, 04:02 pm
Senior Cruiser

Up, my best recollection tells me it was Chromenut.

Tim