Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
P Codes removal problem

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26 Apr 2012, 11:32 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default P Codes removal problem

Hi, Have a 2001 Touring Automatic, owned it from new. In 2011 a Mercedes Agent tried to get me to swap the Transaxle for a new one as I had problems with gear change, sometimes would not change up or engage and a "whining" noise in the Transaxle. As he wanted 7000 Euros / $9250 because he could not work on the Transaxle but had to swap it, I decided not to take up his offer.

When I got it home I checked up with this forum plus a Chrysler Technician I changed the Transaxle Filter and Oil. Worked a treat and have been driving OK for a year. Used the key dance method all year to make sure no error codes. Results were always clear and just Done appeared.

Now had the Engine light come on and checked with an ODB2 reader was P0740, P1782, P1784 and P0731. Used Erase on the Reader and the Engine Light went off. Changed the Solenoid Pack with battery disconnected for 2 days. Also changed Filter and Oil again (ATF+4).

Hooked up the ODB2 Reader prior to starting engine when completed and the codes were still there except for the P0740. That meant for me that the disconnect didn't erase the old codes. Is that possible? Could they be the Codes from last year? Is there another way to erase the Codes? I have an Autel MS300 ODB2 Reader should I use a different one?

I live in France and the Local Chrysler Agent cannot do any maintenance work on the car as he "says" they have only been an Agent for 2 months and had no training. He can do Inspections but that is all.

He wanted to charge me $528 for the solenoid pack which I then bought in USA for $164 inc Post and Import duty so you can understand why I am reluctant to use them.

Last edited by misterbnny; 26 Apr 2012 at 12:14 pm.