PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Engine issues

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27 Apr 2012, 10:27 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Engine issues

Ok guys, I have an issue. Obviously.

I just replaced the battery and the camshaft sensor in my 05 cruiser but it's not starting. The code that comes up is p0340, for the camshaft censor. I replaced it but yet it still wont start. I've exhausted all my possible options except for fuses. Can they be a problem of this? And what ideas does anyone have?
Old 28 Apr 2012, 03:18 am
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: Engine issues

when you replaced the sensor did you replace it with a mopar sensor from the dealer or a aftermarket from a parts store. the aftermarket sensors do not work well with our pts the car tends to eat them . if it is aftermarket i would suggest replacing the sensor with a dealer part and the little magnet behind it as it has been known to cause problems
Old 28 Apr 2012, 03:24 am
Cool Cruiser

sorry just saw your other post so you already knew that, i had the same issue with mine and found when i replaced the camshaft sensor for some reason right after the crankshaft sensor(under the starter) went out i have read here this has happened before and if it is bad the car will just keep trying to turn but wont actually start you may still want to check the magnet if you are still getting the code there may be some metal shavings stuck to it causing issues
Old 28 Apr 2012, 11:43 am
Fresh Cruiser

Ok, I'll have to give that a shot. I'll check to see if that's it and what about the fuses? Have they been known to cause problems such as this as well?
Old 28 Apr 2012, 03:30 pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdwalk04 View Post
Ok, I'll have to give that a shot. I'll check to see if that's it and what about the fuses? Have they been known to cause problems such as this as well?

The only fuses or relays that would have an even remote possabilty of causing this would be the ASD (Auto shut Down) relay --- or the IOD (Ignition off Draw) fuse --- or an even more remote but "why not check it while you're in there" possability is the Fuel Pump/Auto Shut Down (ASD)

They are all under the hood in the PDC fuse box. After pulling the cover you'll see the guide to which is which on the underside of the cover. Pull and clean or replace each one.

Jerry
Old 29 Apr 2012, 12:50 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Ok, so I checked some fuses in the car, and there's one in particular that draws my attention. in slot 16 it has A/STICK ignition. 10amp. Does that have anything to do with this?
Old 29 Apr 2012, 01:44 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Jerry, I checked the fuses, but I have no way to know if they're blown or not.
Old 29 Apr 2012, 03:50 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Personally, if you can't tell if a fuse is blown or not, I'd leave the job to a professional. If you still want to go on, you need to check the wiring harness that goes from the camshaft sensor around back of the engine. The harness has been known to come in harms way and burn or break the wires which also causes the P0340 code.