PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
HHO generator

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04 May 2012, 09:17 am
Cool Cruiser

Default HHO generator

possibly thinking of making or buying a hho generator for the pt. has anyone ever done this in one of their pts' and if so what did you notice (power gain?? improved fuel efficincy?? ) and can anyone think of the pros or cons of doing this??
Old 04 May 2012, 09:26 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: HHO generator

It's been gone over quite extensively. Pls try a search on "HHO".

NO, that didn't work, at least for my search. Try "pt cruiser HHO" on a Google search.

OK< here's a long thread (8 pages) on an old post that for some reason was deleted.

HH O generator

Last edited by CREWZIN; 04 May 2012 at 09:35 am.
Old 04 May 2012, 10:55 am
Cool Cruiser

THX crewzin i looked @ the link and it helped but left me kinda confused. my next question i guess would be... do they work or not?? yes i have seen vehicles that have a gain in mpg because of one of these. but half the old posts were on how it will never work and it being a "hoax"

are there hho separators worth the time to construct and install or is it a bad idea?

being that the "generators" produce a chemical known as "browns gas". which if produced correctly is highly flamable and can in-fact change the air fuel ratio in an automotive application. i see no reason why it wouldnt work!

if anything IMHO it would help clean built up carbon in the intake system/combustion chamber, inside the engine which in return will increase airflow and have an effect of better mpg

am i looking at this wrong or am i semi correct??
Old 04 May 2012, 11:48 am
Obsessed Cruiser

That my friend is not for me to answer. I'd go back to the Google search and see what others outside this forum have to say about it.
Old 04 May 2012, 12:48 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

this is how i came to this forum its odd btu I think that if it really worked there would be a lot of cars out there running them
Old 04 May 2012, 12:56 pm
Cool Cruiser

i agree with cruserdad to a certain extent. only reason is there is not enough evidence that they work. but in theory i believe that it would help. if that makes since.

with the modern vehicles ECM's having the capibility to correct how the car opperates i think that the ECM would just rsefl program every thing and make no difference at all.

with that said i could see it working on an older vehicle with no main ecm or a stone age ecm. (like my 1990 mustang)
Old 04 May 2012, 02:02 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

if i remember right in the old thread they said it did for sure work something about the glass jar and the hydergon??? dont remember it all
Old 04 May 2012, 03:58 pm
Young Cruiser

Think about it. Don't you think if it worked it would be on all new cars and be a much sought after option? You're damn right it would be, but it's not because they don't work. You'd also see all of the auto parts stores pushing kits, but they don't. Something too good to be true usually isn't.
Old 22 May 2012, 11:44 am
Fresh Cruiser

I had the same question. I've never been one to take a side simply because of discussion by those who have never experimented with it themselves.

I ordered up some parts from here and there to put it on my 01 PT and see for myself.

Right now, I get 25-26mpg during the winter, 28ish during the spring and 26-27 during the summer with the AC going. Mostly highway miles and the car is a stick.

I don't have all the pieces yet, but will report back when I get it installed. I'm going on a 600+ mile round trip on the first of June so it'll be a good test.

-Greg
Old 22 May 2012, 12:30 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdskinner731 View Post
being that the "generators" produce a chemical known as "browns gas". which if produced correctly is highly flamable and can in-fact change the air fuel ratio in an automotive application.
I produce a highly flammable gas ...
PeteyGT likes this.