super chip

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Chromenut
  • 1 Post By ROCKETMAN8060

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08 May 2012, 10:31 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default super chip

Has anyone or IS anyone using the G-Force super chip that is being sold . I think it is 69.00 + shipping in their GT's .If so do you see any improvement ? Is it worth buying or a waste,They have a Full money back policy . Let me know what you think Please.
Old 09 May 2012, 12:52 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: super chip

I met a guy at a car show, a PT show, about three years ago who had one and swears it gave him an 80hp boost. Now I'm running all Stage 2 with some Stage 3 performance parts, 258bhp, 325 lb ft torque, spent many hours on the track and the dyno, and all I can say is either the guy was lying or he was too ignorant to understand that there is no way to gain 80hp from a chip, you might get 80hp from a 100 shot of Nos, but nothing else will give you that kind of boost. NOTHING! Oh, yes, you can replace the engine with a bigger one, that might give you more hp...snicker....

Only people I've ever spoken to who used one of those chips has told me that it either messed up the engine functions and/or didn't do anything for their performance.

Personally, I think they are snake oil, and full of BS, meaning I would never touch one, but that's just my own personal opinion. You are more than welcome to disagree with me and try one out. If you do, I'd suggest doing a couple of dyno pulls before and a couple after you add it so you can really benchmark what it does for your engine.
ROCKETMAN8060 likes this.
Old 09 May 2012, 01:07 am
Young Cruiser

Snake oil. Boy, I wish it was that cheap and that easy. So does my wife.
Old 10 May 2012, 07:58 am
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromenut View Post
I met a guy at a car show, a PT show, about three years ago who had one and swears it gave him an 80hp boost. Now I'm running all Stage 2 with some Stage 3 performance parts, 258bhp, 325 lb ft torque, spent many hours on the track and the dyno, and all I can say is either the guy was lying or he was too ignorant to understand that there is no way to gain 80hp from a chip, you might get 80hp from a 100 shot of Nos, but nothing else will give you that kind of boost. NOTHING! Oh, yes, you can replace the engine with a bigger one, that might give you more hp...snicker....

Only people I've ever spoken to who used one of those chips has told me that it either messed up the engine functions and/or didn't do anything for their performance.

Personally, I think they are snake oil, and full of BS, meaning I would never touch one, but that's just my own personal opinion. You are more than welcome to disagree with me and try one out. If you do, I'd suggest doing a couple of dyno pulls before and a couple after you add it so you can really benchmark what it does for your engine.

"Thanks for the Info " I already have a 60 shot NOS and stage 1 w/Borla catback but going to change that to Flowmaster & split pipes + it sounds better
Old 10 May 2012, 01:58 pm
Banned

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fy9-03pt View Post
"Thanks for the Info " I already have a 60 shot NOS and stage 1 w/Borla catback but going to change that to Flowmaster & split pipes + it sounds better
Robert, are you one of the fortunate ones that MX-5 helped with installing nitrous "his way" many, many years ago? The man was a "jean-jus" especially when it came to doing nitrous (post install dyno-tuning, etc., etc.) the right way.

Jerry

Last edited by wwpptc; 10 May 2012 at 02:02 pm.
Old 10 May 2012, 02:17 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:

Hey bro can you send me the info about the parts of Stage 3 your using Im working on the engine bay now and want to put some HP into it!
chris15 likes this.
Old 10 May 2012, 10:56 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwpptc View Post
Robert, are you one of the fortunate ones that MX-5 helped with installing nitrous "his way" many, many years ago? The man was a "jean-jus" especially when it came to doing nitrous (post install dyno-tuning, etc., etc.) the right way.

Jerry
Jerry, I'm not the guy Mine is a ZEX Direct Port systen. The guy that did mine calls it a "Fail Safe System" .It is set at WOT and if it detects fuel loss it will shut down. dynoTune RPM window Switch. Oh I just drove back from Naples and Sorrento ,FL Monday 12hr 15 Min. average 24-26 MPG 994 miles doing 65-75 and 0 Boost (except when I was Playing) Bobby<---Older than Dirt