Advertisements
K&N oil Filter

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By CREWZIN

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14 May 2012, 09:23 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Question K&N oil Filter

those of you who have made the switch to K&N from the stock or FRAM what have you noticed about the switch up? ( I know I posted this in the General Forum ) I cant move the post. so I am re posting in the performance area.
Old 14 May 2012, 10:01 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: K&N oil Filter

I got rid of the other post. Now for this one..Do you really think ANYONE can notice ANY kind of difference when you have a different oil filter???

I know I switched away from FRAM filter when I found out their company was taken over and they now use inferior filter material and cardboard where they used to use metal. It just made me feel better but I certainly couldn't tell any kind of difference.
bryman likes this.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 14 May 2012, 11:37 pm
Fresh Cruiser

10-4 on that one Crewzin. As for the Drop in Air Filter ? I hear a lot of well I should say read a lot of great things about the benefits from using there filter. but, I dont know anyone who actually uses them to know. I wont go off of some posted commentary on a site when it could be the sites tech posting good things.. you never know its online after all.
Old 15 May 2012, 01:16 am
Regular Cruiser

I've heard good things about the drop in filter. Neither of us could vouch for the added horsepower, but we did know that it was durable enough to withstand the many cleanings it had gone through. So it had paid for itself and would keep giving, which is a plus in my book. Any performance/sound gain is just a bonus.

As for the oil filter, happy readings

Here are some interesting articles that will help you out:
Oil Filters Revealed - MiniMopar Resources
Opinions and Recommendations - Oil Filters Revealed - MiniMopar Resources
Old 15 May 2012, 02:17 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Personally, I only use the Purolator Pure 1 oil filters. I've been through so many others and when I replaced them I'd look inside to see if there were any differences. Seems to me Fram was kind of cheap looking, the Pure1 is really interesting looking. Sure, it's a couple of dollars more, but I want the best for my baby.

As to the K&N Drop-in air filter, I bought one about 6 months after I bought my PT, new, and have never used another. All my vehicles get the K&N drop ins.