Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
engine miss fire

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14 May 2012, 09:37 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default engine miss fire

ok i have a 2005 pt na. all started a while back. you can feel the miss fire when its cold but not as much when the car is warmed up. a month or so ago i had p304 code and i got home and changed plugs and wires to bosch plats and bosch wires. the 7 mm wires. i know they say the 8 mm is better wires but a tech school student has negative amount of money right now. then with out the code for about 2 weeks i didnt have a code and it ran decent but still felt a bit of a miss. then 2 weeks ago i was home for a weekend from school and as i go to leave my grand fathers house and at the end of his road the pt did its cute little ding and flashed the check engine light on. yes it flashed and then i was like great its my good old friend p0304 code again. but the light didnt stay on at all? it just flashed and then went away. when i got home i checked the code. yep i had that dam code again. what the heck is causing it that im not looking at? the same plug every time. and i still feel the miss with no light. the pt has 126,xxx miles on it and we replaced the cylinder head cover gasket as the repair book i have called it about 20k miles ago with all new rubber seals. also the pcv is about 10k miles on it and the oil has been in there for about 4k so soon for a oil change. i run lucas gas stabilizer in the tank every oil change too. anything you guys can think of to check. now i have off the next two days in the morning from work and then go to school so my limit on time is small and what i can do is small. but i have my multi meter down here with me. i think the injector could be going pretty soon. what do you guys think or have questions about and we can hopefully diag this problem together!!!!