Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
broken passengers window???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15 May 2012, 10:07 am
Cool Cruiser

Default broken passengers window???

just as the title states... my passengers window is broken driving home last night beautiful weather cruising down the road w/ all windows down!!! out of no where it started down pouring so i put all my windows up. look over and the passengers didnt go up all the way??? so i hit the up button again... nothing??? fried switch maybe (again???) tried putting it down with success?? go up and stops?? ok so i hit the up button again and my window shattered?? now i got millions of tiny glass peices scattered through out my car has anyone ever had this happen b4?

on the flip side i do have auto glass coverage and it'll be fixed free of charge but i dont want this to happen again

Last edited by CREWZIN; 15 May 2012 at 10:11 am.
Old 15 May 2012, 10:13 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: broken passengers window???

Maybe someone closed the door a little too hard. I'm always telling my, no matter what car we're in, to please don't slam the door. It's a wonder none of my glass is shattered.

P.S. It's the job of whoever fits your new window to clean up the inside of the car so should look as good as new.
Old 15 May 2012, 12:17 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Wouldn't hurt to give the tech a description of how this happened. So he can see what the glass hit or fouled against. These are tuffer than you can imagine. Seen these fall 4' hit on it's corner on concrete and not break.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com

Last edited by Busted_PT; 15 May 2012 at 04:51 pm. Reason: spelling
Old 15 May 2012, 04:42 pm
Young Cruiser

I might have a clue for you. When I first bought my PT, the front driver's window didn't quite work right and made a noise. It turns out that both front window regulators had some type of issue and there was a recall concerning them.

Well, after the mechanic replaces both regulators, I go home on my merry way and discover that the driver's window makes a nasty screech when closing it. So, not being trusting enough to take it back right away, I took off the door panel to see what the problem was. It was apparent he was in a hurry when he did the regulator replacement. He didn't get the bottom glass glide back onto the track. If I had left it that way for long, it might have caused a jam and eventual failure of the window glass.

mdskinner731, you may want to make sure all the glides are riding properly on the track when you have the glass replaced. It looks like a royal pain to get those track clips installed right and if someone is flat-rating the repair, they'll probably slip up and not get one engaged.

Mighty Manfred, The Wonder Dog PT Cruiser
Old 16 May 2012, 09:09 am
Cool Cruiser

OK the verdict was the bottom window track (dunno the correct term) was corroded and the grease/lube used from factory was kinda sticky, causing the window to bind. every thing was cleaned inspected relubed and installed also the guy was gratious enough to inspect my drivers window aswell same thing cleaned and lubed!