Advertisements
timing belt

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 May 2012, 12:32 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default timing belt

06-2.4 NA
Well the rumors are true about 90K replacement, at 95K on a exit ramp she snapped, three hours waiting for a tow.There had been a tell-tale noise that I ignored and it cost me a tow, I had it all replaced,belt,water pump,tensioner, idler,and a bad motor mount.She better behave for a while.The best part is that I was on the way back from getting parts for my other car when she went so I had to use my Granddaughters Jeep till I got the first one fixed.
Old 23 May 2012, 12:34 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: timing belt

I replaced mine at 95,000 - I didn't feel lucky.
I'm over 105,000 now.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 23 May 2012, 01:20 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

i did mine at like 90something we have had a lady go over 130,000 btu man im nto that lucky ever
Old 23 May 2012, 01:48 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Recommended is about 100K to be on the safe side. Your going at 95K is a rare occurrence. Glad there wasn't any internal damage but most owners get away with none. Think there was only two out of the couple hundred or so that told us about the belt snapping that had some valve damage.

OFF Topic: Welcome back QSD. Long time no see.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 24 May 2012, 08:55 am
Young Cruiser

As I've mentioned another thread, I'm facing that issue on my '03 Turbo. It only has 63K on it, but it's nine years old, so it's past time according to Chrysler. I'm trying to decide if I want to put $1200 in a car that is probably only worth $4-5K. I do enjoy driving it, and just put new tires on it...
Old 24 May 2012, 09:44 am
Obsessed Cruiser

well to me a car payment is a pain so if i can get some thing fixed and nto ahve a huge payment Im going down that road
Old 24 May 2012, 11:01 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by reevescajr View Post
As I've mentioned another thread, I'm facing that issue on my '03 Turbo. It only has 63K on it, but it's nine years old, so it's past time according to Chrysler. I'm trying to decide if I want to put $1200 in a car that is probably only worth $4-5K. I do enjoy driving it, and just put new tires on it...
Chill and enjoy. I have two with twice that and original belt! There as old as yours. I will be changing mine for the obvious mileage. Pop the top cover and check for cracks. If none start you a little belt fund. BTW $1200 is definitely on the high end of the scale. Should give you plenty of time too shop around.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 24 May 2012, 11:52 am
Senior Cruiser

By no means to I recommend this but I was talking to a PT owner who has 164k on his PT he's the original owner. When I asked him where he got his timing belt done I got the deer in the head light look. He had no clue and the PT looked well taken cared for.
Busted_PT likes this.

"the people should not fear their government, the government should fear the people"- Thomas Jefferson
Old 24 May 2012, 12:11 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I hear ya. If you abuse you're pt you might want to error on the side of caution . Other wise I'd wait till it got closer to the 100K mark.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 24 May 2012, 12:12 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

not saying i dont belive that btu man 164,000 on a TB that has to be the record you are at almost double good for them