Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
iod fine, no c locking, radio, interior lights, etc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27 May 2012, 02:17 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default iod fine, no c locking, radio, interior lights, etc

hi there im new here and so happy to find somewhere like this that may help here goes...
bought a pt cruiser 2001 touring edition 2.0 16v
No fuse light was shown on dashboard along with usual IOD problems (no c/locking, remote locking, interior lights, mirrors, radio,etc), so checked iod fuse under bonnet and was fine along with all other fuses and all working correctly when tested with circuit tester.
moved to interior fuse box to which the cover has been lost so have no idea what fuse does what... checked all these fuses and fuse #4 #17 #18 #19 #20 all appear to have no power going through them.... any ideas anybody??
also will ad that on start up needles on dash board jump up once and then i have trac control and abs lights displaying..... plz someone help!!!!!
Old 31 May 2012, 10:22 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: iod fine, no c locking, radio, interior lights, etc

anyone????
Old 31 May 2012, 03:04 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Try a google search:

Why do no fuse light come on PT Cruiser

"no fuse" light came on!!!

PT Cruiser power locks, radio, interior lights not working? The IOD f - PT Cruiser - Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Plymouth, and related cars and trucks
Old 31 May 2012, 07:53 pm
Veteran Cruiser

This is what the 2003 shop manual reveals.
Fuses 4 & 17 are powered through PDC fuse #4, 30 amp
Fuses 19 & 20 are powered through PDC fuse # 10, 40 amp

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3037 View Post
hi there im new here and so happy to find somewhere like this that may help here goes...
bought a pt cruiser 2001 touring edition 2.0 16v
No fuse light was shown on dashboard along with usual IOD problems (no c/locking, remote locking, interior lights, mirrors, radio,etc), so checked iod fuse under bonnet and was fine along with all other fuses and all working correctly when tested with circuit tester.
moved to interior fuse box to which the cover has been lost so have no idea what fuse does what... checked all these fuses and fuse #4 #17 #18 #19 #20 all appear to have no power going through them.... any ideas anybody??
also will ad that on start up needles on dash board jump up once and then i have trac control and abs lights displaying..... plz someone help!!!!!
Old 16 Jul 2012, 06:06 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I am having the same exact issues with my 04 cruiser. random loss of radio, interior light, accessories, no fuse error on dash and the smell of something rubbery burning. Replaced #7 interior fuse (blown), checked power distribution center but cant get #7 (the iod)out to check it. All other fuses are fine...I added a new relay because I found a green 30 Maxi fuse? in my starter relay.

Going back to performance and hope they will help a seemingly "helpless" female out. Also recently had ac done but now nothing blows out; no air no heat no nothing. Any ideas? I have dropped around 2000 recently on repairs/maintenance and Im feeling beyond frustrated at the moment. I could care less about getting dirty if it saves me $$$$