Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
vac gauge

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05 Jun 2012, 05:35 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default vac gauge

I currently have a vac gauge hooked up n my second gen 06 n/a. And after a lil thinkin and pondering. I realized I hooked the line to my cruize vac line and I'm prety dang sure that's y my cruze don't work. That's not my question tho.

My question is. Where is a good location to tee n the hose for the sending unit for the vac sensor? Any one got any ideas?
2006 Cruiser, Non-Turbo, 19 inch Konig Trouble rims on 225/35/19 Ironman Imove tires, Airaid CAI, E3 Plugs, msd super conductor 8.5 mm wires, Freedon Design Strut Tower Brace, Glow Shift Pillar gauges, EBC Slotted Rotors with EBC Green Stuff Ceramic Fiber Core Pads, Lowerd on Tien springs, Full Custom Kenwood Excelon sound system with 1 12" JL Audio W0, 8000k Blue hids up top and aftermarket OEM Fogs with white 8000k in bumper. Ipcw Bermuda black true led taillights with tinted reverse lights.
Old 05 Jun 2012, 09:23 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: vac gauge

Brake booster.

You have a purge hose and brake booster hose on the rear left side of your upper intake manifold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromenut View Post
Kawi is a friggin genius!
Old 05 Jun 2012, 11:33 pm
Veteran Cruiser

It is possible that your work caused the cruise to go south. However I have no problems with my vacuum gauge being Tee-d off the cruise control vacuum system right at the manifold. I used a universal Tee and salvaged OEM pieces.
Picture below

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crid View Post
I currently have a vac gauge hooked up n my second gen 06 n/a. And after a lil thinkin and pondering. I realized I hooked the line to my cruize vac line and I'm prety dang sure that's y my cruze don't work. That's not my question tho.

My question is. Where is a good location to tee n the hose for the sending unit for the vac sensor? Any one got any ideas?

Last edited by sanatanadharma; 09 Nov 2016 at 09:58 am.
Old 06 Jun 2012, 01:12 pm
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanatanadharma View Post
It is possible that your work caused the cruise to go south. However I have no problems with my vacuum gauge being Tee-d off the cruise control vacuum system right at the manifold. I used a universal Tee and salvaged OEM pieces.
Picture below
That's exactly where I have mine teed n. And my cruise went south. Ill try removing it there and go off the brake booster. And maby my cruise will start workin again. Ill keep ya posted.
2006 Cruiser, Non-Turbo, 19 inch Konig Trouble rims on 225/35/19 Ironman Imove tires, Airaid CAI, E3 Plugs, msd super conductor 8.5 mm wires, Freedon Design Strut Tower Brace, Glow Shift Pillar gauges, EBC Slotted Rotors with EBC Green Stuff Ceramic Fiber Core Pads, Lowerd on Tien springs, Full Custom Kenwood Excelon sound system with 1 12" JL Audio W0, 8000k Blue hids up top and aftermarket OEM Fogs with white 8000k in bumper. Ipcw Bermuda black true led taillights with tinted reverse lights.
Old 06 Jun 2012, 06:36 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Disconnect the gauge and let it be off line. Reconnect the original OEM cruise vacuum and check the cruise control operation.
Proceed as necessary with the new knowledge.