Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Get to tackle cruise control tomorrow

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09 Jun 2012, 07:33 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Get to tackle cruise control tomorrow

Got my cruise control kit today for my 2009. Going to do the install tomorrow. I got the plug under the hood so I hope the rest of the wiring is there. I did the fog lights last weekend and they were a piece of cake. Wish me luck.
Old 12 Jun 2012, 11:49 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Get to tackle cruise control tomorrow

Think it has a vacuum attachment, also.
Good Luck.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 12 Jun 2012, 01:06 pm
Cool Cruiser

Please post some pictures of the process. I am thinking of adding cruise before a road trip in August.
btw, where did you get the kit and how much did it cost(if you don't mind me asking). I have seen them for around $225 or so.

Also, did you post on the Fog Light install, that might be something for the future as well.

Thx
Old 12 Jun 2012, 01:34 pm
Senior Cruiser

I didn't take any pictures but the install went very easy as I had all the wiring there. Here is a little write up I did on the cruise install. I bought the kit off of Amazon for $217.

Cruise Control installed on 2009 PT Cruiser

Last edited by Ray_Dockrey; 12 Jun 2012 at 01:36 pm.
Old 12 Jun 2012, 01:50 pm
Senior Cruiser

The fog light install is a piece of cake if the wiring is there. Pull the bumper plugs where the fog lights go and see if the plugs are there. Mine were clipped right there in place.

Pull the covers around the steering wheel. Unscrew the one screw holding the multi-function switch (MFS), undo the plug and then install the new MFS and plug it back in. Put the covers back on.

Install the lights and hook up the plugs. The install of the lights can be done with the wheels on and just turning them to the outside. There is a splash shield which comes loose so you can get in there. This is how you would change the headlight bulb.

The only thing about the fog light install is you have to have the dealer enable the foglight option in the computer with a Starscan tool. I did not have to do it with the cruise control.
Old 12 Jun 2012, 01:54 pm
Cool Cruiser

What does the dealer get for the activation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray_Dockrey View Post
The fog light install is a piece of cake if the wiring is there. Pull the bumper plugs where the fog lights go and see if the plugs are there. Mine were clipped right there in place.

Pull the covers around the steering wheel. Unscrew the one screw holding the multi-function switch (MFS), undo the plug and then install the new MFS and plug it back in. Put the covers back on.

Install the lights and hook up the plugs. The install of the lights can be done with the wheels on and just turning them to the outside. There is a splash shield which comes loose so you can get in there. This is how you would change the headlight bulb.

The only thing about the fog light install is you have to have the dealer enable the foglight option in the computer with a Starscan tool. I did not have to do it with the cruise control.