Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Cruise Control installed on 2009 PT Cruiser

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 Jun 2012, 12:27 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Cruise Control installed on 2009 PT Cruiser

Got the cruise installed in my 2009 this morning. So here is what I found. If you have the plug for the actuator on the passenger side and the pin outs are there on the C3 connector on the PCM then it is pre-wired for cruise.

My clock spring connector according to the instructions needed additional wiring but that is wrong. The last cavity on the connector was empty so it said to install a wire there and cut and splice another wire into the one next to it. But those colored wires are the same as the wires in cavity one and two. So I ignored all that and left it alone.

Airbag was very easy to get off. A small stubby flat screwdriver inserted into the back slots and twisted and it pops off. Two small plugs and it is out. The steering wheel came off in my hands with no puller.

The vacuum connection is just to the left of the throttle body on the back of he intake manifold. There is a rubber plug there. No where in the instructions does it say where that connection is so it took us a while to find it. This is a total different place from the hook up on the 01-05.

We had a really hard time getting the vacuum reservoir front bolt in. So we slotted the front screw hole on the reservoir, started the screw and then slid the reservoir in place.

The cruise worked without having to have any programming done on the PCM. Hope this helps anybody who tries the install. We did it in about a couple of hours.
Old 31 Dec 2012, 11:24 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: Cruise Control installed on 2009 PT Cruiser

since I had to put the wires in the c3 connector mine is not pre wired?
I got everything hooked up but it does not work, going to the clock spring connector I allready had a wire in # 5 so I spliced into in and installed the wire in # 6 would this be correct? not sure what to look at now.
Old 31 Dec 2012, 12:26 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: Cruise Control installed on 2009 PT Cruiser

I have no idea. You can do some searching on Google as there were a few things I found about the instructions being wrong. Mine was prewired for it. Found this:

Installed factory cruise control but not working

Last edited by Ray_Dockrey; 31 Dec 2012 at 12:34 pm.