Old 13 Jun 2012, 12:59 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Performance chip

Anyone heard of or tried this?
CHRYSLER PT CRUISER GF Peformance Chip
Old 13 Jun 2012, 01:08 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Performance chip

If it sounds too good to be true. Well it is!
808 likes this.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 13 Jun 2012, 01:16 pm
Veteran Cruiser

click here:
I want to get this but i need a second opinion!
Old 13 Jun 2012, 01:44 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Both you guys, read the write up. All this thing does is plug into your IAT. It's a resistor that fools the computer to think your getting cooler air into the throttle body and then the computer feeds more fuel into the air/fuel mixture. It's just like how your car runs better in the morning with cooler air rather then in the warm/hot afternoon.

They used to sell these things on eBay for $5 to $15 dollars but now they wrap them up in a fancy package, make UNBELIEVABLE claims of HP and fuel mileage and sell them for a lot more.

The way the claims read, you get UP TO 60 HP. So if you get anything less, like maybe 2 HP, then you got something and they can't be sued.

One thing you have to remember, the "chip" (or resistor) is fooling the computer and it's dumping more fuel into the mixture. It's doing this ALL the time because it doesn't shut off. Even at idle it's feeding more fuel, think about it.

OK don't believe me, want to prove me wrong? Buy it, then come back here and TELL THE Truth. Most people after spending money on something don't want to admit they got taken for a ride. Others will out right lie or because they got 2hp, they can feel that their PT (or whatever car) is running great.

MY turn to tell the truth. I bought it when it was $15 and stuck it into my IAT. First it turned the darn fault light on, maybe I did something wrong, second did feel a little something but I also felt and saw the idle raise, even at idle. If the idle is raised, more fuel and air is being added. Didn't want that when I'm standing in the line at the bank drive in or at a stop light. Wasn't worth it for me.
808 likes this.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.

Last edited by CREWZIN; 13 Jun 2012 at 01:47 pm.
Old 13 Jun 2012, 02:06 pm
Banned

``````

Last edited by Busa_Powered; 12 Jul 2012 at 05:54 pm.
Old 13 Jun 2012, 04:09 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
Both you guys, read the write up. All this thing does is plug into your IAT. It's a resistor that fools the computer to think your getting cooler air into the throttle body and then the computer feeds more fuel into the air/fuel mixture. It's just like how your car runs better in the morning with cooler air rather then in the warm/hot afternoon.

They used to sell these things on eBay for $5 to $15 dollars but now they wrap them up in a fancy package, make UNBELIEVABLE claims of HP and fuel mileage and sell them for a lot more.

The way the claims read, you get UP TO 60 HP. So if you get anything less, like maybe 2 HP, then you got something and they can't be sued.

One thing you have to remember, the "chip" (or resistor) is fooling the computer and it's dumping more fuel into the mixture. It's doing this ALL the time because it doesn't shut off. Even at idle it's feeding more fuel, think about it.

OK don't believe me, want to prove me wrong? Buy it, then come back here and TELL THE Truth. Most people after spending money on something don't want to admit they got taken for a ride. Others will out right lie or because they got 2hp, they can feel that their PT (or whatever car) is running great.

MY turn to tell the truth. I bought it when it was $15 and stuck it into my IAT. First it turned the darn fault light on, maybe I did something wrong, second did feel a little something but I also felt and saw the idle raise, even at idle. If the idle is raised, more fuel and air is being added. Didn't want that when I'm standing in the line at the bank drive in or at a stop light. Wasn't worth it for me.
I agree with you 100% I just never used a chip before and wondered if it was a replacement for something simular to a "FlashPac" like what are used on the Ram Trucks, I havent seen anything for the PT's yet as I am new and still searching/researching the PT...The guy has all the work done and ready to trade so I may get it tomorrow or Friday??? I am itching but yet nervous, lol I just dont want to get a moneypit as I know the truck is great but I cant afford to keep feeding the Ram.
Old 13 Jun 2012, 04:18 pm
Banned

Unfortunantly, none of the Diablo Sport product line will work on an NA PT. There are some that will.

1. Kenne Bell --- You send your PCM to them and they reprogram it. It hasn't been made for YEARS. Mine has lasted around seven years now.
2. SCT (sebringLX) --- An extensive reconfiguration (modification) of the parameters in your original PCM via a program that he sends you, then you and he fine tune via several steps.
3. AFX R --- You send your PCM to them to have them reprogram it, like the Kenne Bell in item #1. It has a good reputation with the Neon groups.

The three above DO WORK, but they are not cheap. You pay for what you get. They are not add ons like the JET CHIP and not single parameter modifiers like the IAT resisitor mods like the "GF" piece ("piece",see, I can be nice).

Most owners will first opt to go with the obviously visual mods like the "HOT" air intakes, etc. You all should know by now how I feel about that.

Jerry

Last edited by wwpptc; 14 Jun 2012 at 06:42 am.
Old 13 Jun 2012, 07:34 pm
Banned

[QUOTE=wwpptc;432224]Unfortunantly, none of the Diablo Sport product line will work on an NA PT.

It wont work on a NA either Auto or 5 speed

Last edited by Busa_Powered; 15 Jun 2012 at 07:13 am.
Old 13 Jun 2012, 07:49 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwpptc View Post
AFX R --- ... It has a good reputation with the Neon groups.
That was (or is) Gary Howell- Do a search on neons.org for howell automotive ...

Had an AF/x R PCM on Neon, it was wicked, I'll say that
Old 14 Jun 2012, 03:41 am
Senior Cruiser

Wink Re: Performance chip

It's been said before and I'll be the first to say it in this thread:

"Just send me the money and you'll get the same results."