Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
02 Cruiser, won't crank

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26 Jun 2012, 08:58 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default 02 Cruiser, won't crank

The car acts like the neutrel switch is not letting it crank. Everything works except the cranking and no fuel to injectors. Pump runs, and gets gas to them. It hold a hole in line to fuel rail and was pushing gas out. Replaced and still no run. You can jump across starter and shoot gas into intake and it will run abit. This is a friends car and started when he had to replace the keyswitch as it locked up. Now it will not crank, as stated acts like the neutrel switch is thinkin car is in gear. HELP!!
Old 26 Jun 2012, 09:09 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: 02 Cruiser, won't crank

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
The car acts like the neutrel switch is not letting it crank. Everything works except the cranking and no fuel to injectors. Pump runs, and gets gas to them. It hold a hole in line to fuel rail and was pushing gas out. Replaced and still no run. You can jump across starter and shoot gas into intake and it will run abit. This is a friends car and started when he had to replace the keyswitch as it locked up. Now it will not crank, as stated acts like the neutrel switch is thinkin car is in gear. HELP!!
The key has a chip in it If the chip is not recognized or the wrong key is used it wont start. The key switch is your problem. What is the whole story on the switch you put in.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 26 Jun 2012, 11:17 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Going by what he told me, the keyswitch locked up. He changed it out and had to reset the tumblers. Tried this 3 times and the switches kept locking up.This was using old key in new switch. Then current switch is in car with a new key, and they told him to just have original key in area of column/switch.

Is this somewhat correct? I have never dealt with something as done here. I just know it will turn but no crank. Everything works, pump even runs on key on, just not no fuel to injectors. And no crank. Thanks for any help you can be!!!

Where I said it will turn but no crank, I meant the key will turn, it does not crank/turn the motor over.

Last edited by ohwell; 27 Jun 2012 at 05:23 am. Reason: wanted to.
Old 27 Jun 2012, 04:25 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
Going by what he told me, the keyswitch locked up. He changed it out and had to reset the tumblers. Tried this 3 times and the switches kept locking up.This was using old key in new switch. Then current switch is in car with a new key, and they told him to just have original key in area of column/switch.

Is this somewhat correct? I have never dealt with something as done here. I just know it will turn but no crank. Everything works, pump even runs on key on, just not no fuel to injectors. And no crank. Thanks for any help you can be!!!
You need key programed to pt. Unless someone has another way.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.

badglas.blogspot.com
Old 27 Jun 2012, 04:32 am
Fresh Cruiser

What does he need to do go get it programed?
Old 27 Jun 2012, 09:14 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Call the dealer, but I would say you will have to take car and key to them. First I would search here for the threads on the switch replacement. Might be something there that might help. Something they did different.

This Is my project page.

badglas.blogspot.com