Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
performance mufflers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12 Sep 2002, 02:52 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default performance mufflers

Is it possible to get more power from your exhaust, without making it louder? The Cruiser GT has 65 more horsepower and 80 lb ft of torque, but it doesn't sound louder than the NA Cruisers. If anyone knows of a muffler that would flow better than the oem, without making it alot louder, please let me know.

Old 12 Sep 2002, 03:30 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Blackocruiser,

Do you know the GT has a turbo, and that is why it has more power. The turbo tends to reduce the noise factor because of its location right off the exhaust manifold. You could look at EUROPEAN spec systems because they have to meet strict TUV requirements and noise level restrictions. Borla makes a system 2.5" that is quieter then the 2.25". But the combo your tying to achieve is a hard one. There is MagnaFlow, Hooker, Spintech, Flowmaster, Raven, Remus and Dynomax. The list is endless, puting a resonator in a system will help but in some cases it reduces your performance. You just have to chance it on your purchase and hope it suites your Taste.

Gman

Old 06 Nov 2002, 06:27 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Will the muffler off the turbo bolt onto a non-turbo? What's the tube diameter? Are all the bends and hangers in the right places? Is the turbo muffler less restrictive because the turbo itself slows the gasses? Is this a viable performance upgrade? I understand that the large diameter tip may need a larger opening in the roll pan.
Old 04 Jun 2003, 05:02 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

2 1/4" I compared it with the left over n/a exhaust sittin in my garage from my 01 cruiser
The turbo exhaust is UGLIER more ungainly than the n/a crusiers. Save yourself the $ and get an aftermarket low profile muffler

2003 GT Inferno Red,5-spd,Eibach Springs,Koni Sport Adjustables, Eibach front and rear Sway Bars, Mopar Stage 1,Mopar BOV,Custom 2.5\" Dual Tip Exhaust (Magnaflow),Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Pioneer DEH6500 Headunit, RF Punch 300 and 301 Amps,RF 12\" Sub and MB Quart Reference and Premium Speakers,Ronal RT 17x7.5\'s with Michelin Pilot Sport 225/45ZR17s, Koni Adjustible shocks, Keystone single scoop, GT Airraid Intake, Mopar Ground Effects
Homepage:
http://www.cardomain.com/id/ptgtredman

http://blueman.ptenthusiasts.net/index.html
Old 04 Jun 2003, 08:27 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

The muffler/ tailpipe over axle is the same size na/turbo . You want turbo setup ...sell you mine has over the axle pipe and muffler for $75.00 plus shipping.
\'03 Electric Blue 5 speed GT, addco oversize sways,wildfire strut bar,color-matched rear muds,xenon sides/\"crusher\",mirrors,b&c pillars,both interior consoles,b&m sport shifter,autometer ultralite gauges,Mopar STG 1 ,booger shift bushings,mopar bov,AMX turbo up pipe,Prototype turbo ucp, 05 intake, map clamp
Old 10 Jun 2003, 12:10 am
Senior Cruiser

damn it! You beat me to it Flash... [^]
FS: '03 GT Elec Blue w/rear suicide doors or '03 auto PCM, S3 turbofold, WGA, 3.5" o2 & 3" DP - make offer