Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Fog Light Issues

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16 Aug 2012, 12:55 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Fog Light Issues

I have an 03 PT Cruiser with fog lights I recently bought, I just figured out how to turn the fog lights on and they dont come on. i checked the fuse and the bulbs and all is good. Anybody else have this issue and if so any ideas on how to fix it? Thanks
Old 16 Aug 2012, 01:01 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Fog Light Issues

You probably have a burnt out multi-functions switch. That's the stalk on the left side that turns the fog lights on. It's pretty common problem. You can try fixing it yourself if your handy with tools or just replacing the switch which runs about $70.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 16 Aug 2012, 01:05 pm
Fresh Cruiser

How would i go about fixing it? i removed the housing and removed the multifunction switch and it looks almost brand new?
Old 16 Aug 2012, 01:23 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Here, you can read through this:

How to Repair the Multifunction Switch w/ Pictures (Fog Lights)

BTW, it was the No#8 fuse in the interior fuse box that you checked, right? Usually, new owners find that the fuse has been taken out because the fog lights stay on all the time when the switch goes bad and to stop the lights from coming on, they pull the fuse.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.

Last edited by CREWZIN; 16 Aug 2012 at 01:26 pm.
Old 16 Aug 2012, 01:51 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Smile Re: Fog Light Issues

huge help i will try that thank you
Old 16 Aug 2012, 01:53 pm
Fresh Cruiser

yes i checked the #8 fuse it was dirty nut not blown so i cleaned the fuse, but that didnt fix the problem. i am going to try repairing my multifunction switch next like you suggested. thanks again
Old 17 Aug 2012, 04:31 pm
Fresh Cruiser

update, i took it apart and cleaned it unstuck the one part put it back together and the fog lamps came on when the switch was off and headlights didnt work. took it apart again and put it back on and headlights worked but again no fog lights. i am guessing i just need to replace the switch. any suggestions?
Old 17 Aug 2012, 07:02 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Did you read all the pages on the link? Did you get far enough taking the switch apart to see the offending little micro switch that goes bad and allows the fogs to stay on when a part burns up?

Old 17 Aug 2012, 08:54 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I saw that but wasn't sure If that applied to mine since they don't say on. They came on once and don't work at all still. I will take mine apart again and check that. Thank you