PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
2010 pt cruiser fuse box question - re: sunroof and cigarette lighter

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 Aug 2012, 12:24 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default 2010 pt cruiser fuse box question - re: sunroof and cigarette lighter

I looked through my owners manual, and checked the fuses (16 & 24) for my sunroof and cigarette lighter, but the fuses appear fine. The fuses are only numbered on the lid of the fusebox. Am I missing a fuse box, is there a secondary one? The cigarette lighter stopped working and so did the sunroof after I charged my cell phone in the cig lighter. I assumed this would be a fuse problem. If anyone could shed some light on this I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!
Btw, I checked ALL the fuses in the integrated power module just to be sure.
Old 23 Aug 2012, 12:34 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: 2010 pt cruiser fuse box question - re: sunroof and cigarette lighter

You only have one fuse box. That is the TIPM under the hood. Something could have happened to the circuit and the TIPM shut it down. It is supposed to reset when whatever happens is corrected but sometimes they don't. This was more of an issue on the 2006's as that was the first year they went to the TIPM and Canbus system.

You could try unhooking the battery for about 15 minutes and hit the brake pedal several times to rid of any residual power and then hook it back up and see if the circuit resets itself.
Old 01 Sep 2012, 11:38 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: 2010 pt cruiser fuse box question - re: sunroof and cigarette lighter

My wife's 2007 PT, just did this exact same thing today. Cig lighter and sunroom are dead and all fuses are good. I tried unhooking the battery for a few min but that did not help. I would love any Insight on dealing with this problem.
Old 04 Sep 2012, 10:28 am
Fanatic Cruiser

You say the fuses "seem fine". Take a continuity tester and test each fuse to make sure they're fine. Quite often a fuse will look good but actually be blown. If you don't have a tester, swap those two fuses with two others in your fuse box that you know work and see if there's any change.

If all else fails, 2010s are still under warranty, as long as you're under 36k miles. Take it into a dealer if all the fuses really are fine.
Old 25 Oct 2012, 10:38 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Hi, I was interested to know if you got your problem solved with your sunroof? Mine is stuck open but I did not try the lighter. I have done everything I can think of to solve this problem but I need help also.
Old 26 Oct 2012, 07:52 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Did you follow the advice above about making sure the fuses are good by checking them out with a meter, especially #16 and #24 as they read "sunroof" in the owners manual.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 26 Oct 2012, 06:06 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Fuse 16 is common to both the cigar lighter and the sunroof motor. If you are sure it is good then the problem is a TIPM issue.
Old 21 Sep 2014, 09:34 pm
Regular Cruiser

I am having the same problem with my 07 cig lighter power outlet and sunroof don't work. I was using a tire inflator plugged in and it stopped. I fuse 16 and 24 are fine. to reset the TIPM do I unhook both negative and positive battery or just negative post?
Old 21 Sep 2014, 10:05 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I have a 2007 PT Cruiser and I have been getting many electrical problems, engine trouble codes, SKIM failing, batteries only lasting 18 months, etc. What is recommended is to solder all the ground wires together on the drivers side fender inside wall first before doing anything else but you need a heavy soldering iron to do it. I think our electrical problems has to do with the voltage dropping due to weak grounds. Another post indicated that this set of wires get corrosion inside and may not be making good ground contact anymore. It was recommend we cut and strip the wires and solder everything together to a new connector and sanding the area where the connector is going to. I have been wanting to do this for the last 3 weeks but have had other problems more pressing to fix. I would check all ground wires if all the fuses are okay.
Old 21 Sep 2014, 10:18 pm
Regular Cruiser

My sunroof and cigareete lighter power went dead when I was using a tire inflator pluged int lighter oultet. Also back trunk outlet doesn't work. I checked fuse 16 and 24 they are fine. I read to unhook battery for 15 minutes to reset TIPM. To unhook battery do I unhook just negative or do I need to unhook both negative and positive terminals? 07 Pt Gt

Tags
fuses