Advertisements
Random dashboard lights and losing power

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By koksianglee

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 Aug 2012, 05:35 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Random dashboard lights and losing power

I have a 2006 PT. At random times all the dashboard lights light up and I lose power while driving. First time the dealership replaced the battery, then they said it was the connection to the post. Then replaced the TIPM, then said the TIPM wasn't calibrated. Then new battery went bad, and they said it was the cable to the battery that caused the battery to die, they replaced the battery and I paid for the new cable. Then they said it was another cable (they paid for that one). Then they said the TIPM was bad and replaced it. About 1 week later the dashboard started lighting up again. Very random, it was 400 miles between the last time it happened. Now the dealership says STAR said it either the alternator (which the dealership says is good) or the wiring harness ($1,600 not including labor). At what point do they quit guessing and fix it? I don't mind paying for a repair, but make sure you are fixing the car and NOT guessing at my expense. I can't afford to buy a different car or I would get rid of my car. I really like my PT, but this is crazy!! Can anyone help me??
Old 23 Aug 2012, 05:51 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: Random dashboard lights and losing power

Sounds like a possible ignition switch issue. Read through this.

Ignition switch
Old 11 Oct 2012, 11:04 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: Random dashboard lights and losing power

Hi Guys I had a similar issue with my 2005 PT Cruiser been a while been trying to figure out what is going on. Tomorrow I am driving my Cruiser to the service centre to have it check again will ask the guys at the service centre to check out the ignition switch. Hope to have it fixed as soon as possible. Thank for the information. George.