Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Where to buy new TCM from?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 Aug 2012, 09:48 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Where to buy new TCM from?

My daughter's 01 PT has been giving her fits the last few weeks with constant p0700 codes and more than occasional limp mode condition. I am ready to fix with a new tcm as I have read that this is the only real fix for this code on an 01. The question is where to buy from? The best online price I've seen is $199 + shipping. They state 100% plug and play after they preprogram with correct vin and mileage. They guarantee no dealer trip is needed. Is this true? Can it be this simple??
Any advise regarding where to purchase and what I should expect to pay for a quality tcm would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Tony
Old 24 Aug 2012, 10:14 pm
Cool Cruiser

Talking Re: Where to buy new TCM from?

The best place would be new from a dealer. Then you know it will work without any issues, plus most dealers warranty their work for a year.

If buying on line, be sure to do a Google search on the company for complaints. I have a friend who bought one of those plug and play jobs and it was a nightmare.
Old 25 Aug 2012, 12:15 pm
Young Cruiser

Default Re: Where to buy new TCM from?

I bought one from ebay, can't remember which of the 2 comp., but do a BBB check online, one is good, the other bad.

They are in Florida.

The one that I bought from, if you send them your old, they will warranty the rebuilt one for life, and they will load all the updates on the rebuild.

So far, just over 1 year, and no problems. Although I always wonder if they had some kind of program that they can insert that will not allow a p0700 code to appear???? Just a thought.