PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
04 ran good for a week, now acting up again.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09 Sep 2012, 08:42 am
Regular Cruiser

Default 04 ran good for a week, now acting up again.

Well my daughter's 04 Cruiser ran good for a week after changing the fuel pump. Last night it stalled again, but was able to limp home. Codes showing now are
:P0201 Injector 1 Control Circuit
P0202 Injector 2 Control Circuit
P0203 Injector 3 Control Circuit
P0204 Injector 4 Control Circuit

Plus: P0032 and P0038, the O2 sensor codes I always get when it's running bad. Even though I replaced bothe sensors. The air bag light even was on.

This is what's been changed, both O2 sensors, fuel pump, cam sensor, crank sensor, plugs and wires.

Antone have any suggestions?

Bob

Last edited by unioncreek; 09 Sep 2012 at 08:45 am.
Old 09 Sep 2012, 10:07 am
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: 04 ran good for a week, now acting up again.

pump is new and running close to 60PSI as it should, injectors cant handle the load and are probably spraying at 46-49PSI. need to be swapped out for 24lb injectors :-)

then the PCM needs to be reset. Unplug the battery for 10 minutes and that should do it.
Old 09 Sep 2012, 01:28 pm
Regular Cruiser

Pluminator,

Are the 24 pound injectors stock one's?

Bob
Old 09 Sep 2012, 01:59 pm
Senior Cruiser

for a 2.4 yes 24lb is as close to stock as you can get.

22lb injectors run around 42-46PSI which is underpowered and would give you some studdering issues :-)
Old 09 Sep 2012, 02:51 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I just don't buy in on that all 4 injectors crapped out at once. I would think that something common to all 4 injectors such as the harness or some thing that controls the injectors would be more likely. JMHO

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 09 Sep 2012, 04:55 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busted_PT View Post
I just don't buy in on that all 4 injectors crapped out at once. I would think that something common to all 4 injectors such as the harness or some thing that controls the injectors would be more likely. JMHO
agreed. a compression test while the car is running will tell you whether its the injectors or a wiring issue :-)
Old 09 Sep 2012, 07:06 pm
Regular Cruiser

What makes me think it could be a wire harness is that the air bag light is on. The car runs fine until the check engine light comes on. I don't think I have a wiring diagram, could the injectors and air bag light be hooked into the same harness. Does anyone know which plug on the fire wall contains the injector and air bag wires?

Bob
Old 09 Sep 2012, 07:49 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by unioncreek View Post
What makes me think it could be a wire harness is that the air bag light is on. The car runs fine until the check engine light comes on. I don't think I have a wiring diagram, could the injectors and air bag light be hooked into the same harness. Does anyone know which plug on the fire wall contains the injector and air bag wires?

Bob
Sense you said something about the light being on, I'm thinking you may have a flaky cam sensor. Sometimes they don't throw a code.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.

badglas.blogspot.com
Old 09 Sep 2012, 08:00 pm
Regular Cruiser

I first replaced the cam sensor about a year ago, threw a code for it. After the car started stalling I put another one on since it had a life time warantee. Onece when it stalled I checked if it was putting a signal out and it was. I looked at it tonight, started it and CEL and airbag lights were on. Looked at the wiring for the injectors and unplugged all the connectors at the ECU on the firewall. Restarted it and neither light came back on. Drove it for a couple of miles and it ran good.

Bob
Old 09 Sep 2012, 08:14 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by unioncreek View Post
I first replaced the cam sensor about a year ago, threw a code for it. After the car started stalling I put another one on since it had a life time warantee. Onece when it stalled I checked if it was putting a signal out and it was. I looked at it tonight, started it and CEL and airbag lights were on. Looked at the wiring for the injectors and unplugged all the connectors at the ECU on the firewall. Restarted it and neither light came back on. Drove it for a couple of miles and it ran good.

Bob
Like unplugging and plunging a computer board. Lets hope that's all it is.

This Is my project page.

badglas.blogspot.com