Advertisements
02 cruiser lunges and jerks

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By OurPTGT

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09 Sep 2012, 03:18 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default 02 cruiser lunges and jerks

2002 touring w/ 5-sp, 70,000 miles. Car lunges and jerks while accelerating, usually in 2nd gear - Sometimes just once, sometime as many as 4 times in succession (as if driven by someone just learning to drive a stick). I'm not getting a check engine light and the "key dance" produces no codes. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...
Old 09 Sep 2012, 03:37 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: 02 cruiser lunges and jerks

As the doctor would say, "Son, I need more information if you want a decent diagnostic."

When was the last time you did anything like plugs and wires? What gap are you using? Have you checked fuel pressure at the Schreoder valve? Sounds like a fuel problem. Tried injection cleaner?

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 09 Sep 2012, 05:14 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
As the doctor would say, "Son, I need more information if you want a decent diagnostic."

When was the last time you did anything like plugs and wires? What gap are you using? Have you checked fuel pressure at the Schreoder valve? Sounds like a fuel problem. Tried injection cleaner?
agreed. Tried cleaning out the fuel rail with some carb cleaner?

Sometimes stuff that gets past the fuel filter will build up in the fuel rail, thus when its put under load it just sucks small particles into the injectors and causes a sputterish thing. :-)

If you clean the fuel rail, wait 15 min or so before putting it all back together so that you dont suck carb cleaner fumes in, cause then shell stall and it can mess with the wiring harnesses :-)

Also if you do this make sure to replace the O rings on the injectors, soak em in gas before installing them or you wont get a good seal :-)
Old 10 Sep 2012, 09:30 pm
Veteran Cruiser

my car did this before i filled the engine mounts. this is actually the reason i did it.

if you get down and look in the passenger wheelwell in front of the tire, is the rubber in the mount torn up?
Old 11 Sep 2012, 07:29 am
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by pluminator View Post
agreed. Tried cleaning out the fuel rail with some carb cleaner?

Sometimes stuff that gets past the fuel filter will build up in the fuel rail, thus when its put under load it just sucks small particles into the injectors and causes a sputterish thing. :-)

If you clean the fuel rail, wait 15 min or so before putting it all back together so that you dont suck carb cleaner fumes in, cause then shell stall and it can mess with the wiring harnesses :-)

Also if you do this make sure to replace the O rings on the injectors, soak em in gas before installing them or you wont get a good seal :-)
maybe soak them in gas to clean them but you should coat them in clean engine oil when installing them. Kinda like the oil filter seal
wwpptc likes this.
FS: '03 GT Elec Blue w/rear suicide doors or '03 auto PCM, S3 turbofold, WGA, 3.5" o2 & 3" DP - make offer