Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Drivers Door signal

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09 Sep 2012, 08:07 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Drivers Door signal

Hi All, my PT is a 2005 2.2 manual diesel right hand drive that I drive in the UK.
I am trying to fit GPS/SMS/GPRS tracker system on the car, on ebay for about 50.
The wiring diagram that comes with the tracker says that its drivers door trigger wire shoud be connected to the car so that it can send a text message to tell me that the car has been broken in to as well as the present GPS location of the car.
In the wiring diagrams that I have downloaded on line for the car, they show a TAN/BLUE wire as the (-) nagtive door trigger.
I have located the wire at the drivers side door next to the sub fuse box on a multi connector.
When I tested the voltage to earth (car has negative ground) using a digital multi meter I did not see anything other than a sort circuit all the time, even when I open and close the door manualy. Am I supposed to see a flash of negative? In which case it would be worth connecting the wire from the tracker to the the door, or am I missing something? regards Pat.