Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Oil in my #1 Cylinder

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11 Sep 2012, 10:25 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Oil in my #1 Cylinder

Yesterday I was giving my 2006 PT Cruiser a much needed tune up. I changed out spark plugs and wires 2-4 with no problems. But when I got to #1 I pulled the wire and oil was dripping off of the end of the wire itself. So I didn't cause any more damage I didn't even try to pull and replace the last spark plug. What do I need to do to fix this problem in my car?

None of my spark plugs are misfiring and I haven't noticed any oil dripping from underneath my car as well. I have been having some problems, though, when I am stopped at a red light for a long period of time my RPM's drop below 1 and my AC starts blowing out hot air, but once I start driving again I don't have any problems.

Thanks in advance for all advice and help given.

P.S. my engine is a 2.4 L engine as well.
Old 11 Sep 2012, 10:39 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Oil in my #1 Cylinder

First the oil in the plug hole is common with motors like thee
its not a big deal a couple things can cause this if by #1 you mean the first on nearest the oil filler cap you could ahve gotten some oil in there when you fill the car
or tjhe seals could be leaking and allowing some oil inot the hole

Id pull the plug and look at it and see if it is oily or a nice white color if its white put in a new plug and rock on

the getting warm air I wouls say your fan has died in the low speed and if you are not really carefull or lucky you will get your car hot

with the AC on the fan should be on low even if the car is cold in fact even if the car is in 20 degree weather if you turn on the ac the low spped fan should be running
Old 11 Sep 2012, 11:51 am
Obsessed Cruiser

with both of the answers given by Cruserdad.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 11 Sep 2012, 01:02 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruserdad1976 View Post
First the oil in the plug hole is common with motors like thee
its not a big deal a couple things can cause this if by #1 you mean the first on nearest the oil filler cap you could ahve gotten some oil in there when you fill the car
or tjhe seals could be leaking and allowing some oil inot the hole

Id pull the plug and look at it and see if it is oily or a nice white color if its white put in a new plug and rock on

the getting warm air I wouls say your fan has died in the low speed and if you are not really carefull or lucky you will get your car hot

with the AC on the fan should be on low even if the car is cold in fact even if the car is in 20 degree weather if you turn on the ac the low spped fan should be running
Also if when you pull the plug, If there is oil on the interior of the plug, your valve cover gasket/plug grommets are gone. cheap and easy fix though.
Old 11 Sep 2012, 02:28 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
with both of the answers given by Cruserdad.

Thanks Crewzin i actually tryed to get most of the words readable
Old 11 Sep 2012, 02:41 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruserdad1976 View Post
Thanks Crewzin i actually tryed to get most of the words readable

Well.....lets just say that if it wasn't you, I might have said something about the punctuation but I know your on that tiny little screen that'll make you go cross-eyed in later years.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 11 Sep 2012, 03:22 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Hey Crewzin
had a buddy hit a deer sat night 2 sherrifs deputies showed up they l driving the new charger with the 5.7 hemi they seem to really like them except they are kind of small on inside room so they are going to the new Police Interceptor Taho and as we were waiting on a wrecker one of the new ones showed up man that is a sweet ride in Phelps county they let the boys take there car home with them which I thought was kind of cool btu them i guess it just lets everyone know that a Office lives here so who knows St james has gotten a grant for 5 new tahos should be a lot of chargers on the merket

Last edited by cruserdad1976; 11 Sep 2012 at 03:26 pm.