PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Who says PT's are slow

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16 Sep 2012, 03:12 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Who says PT's are slow

So i've heard, read , heard more that the 2.4 stock engine is a slug.

However.........i was driving with a friend on a old back road the other day, and he kept trying to pass me in his Vtech Civic. And i had had enough :-p

Simply put, when i opened up my 03 stock model.......i passed him so quickly from 25-40mph that he actually reported feeling the wake from the air pressure jolt his car to the side :-)

I've never found my PT to be slow..........maybe its me but..........these things are pretty quick!
Old 16 Sep 2012, 03:15 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: Who says PT's are slow

Coincidence
Installed Mopar sub !
Old 16 Sep 2012, 03:18 pm
Senior Cruiser

i find mine to be pretty quick as well. the downside is, i could swear i actually see the gas gauge drop when i floor it.
Old 16 Sep 2012, 03:19 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teska View Post
Coincidence
2.4 not 1.6
Teska likes this.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 16 Sep 2012, 03:23 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by soyomb View Post
i find mine to be pretty quick as well. the downside is, i could swear i actually see the gas gauge drop when i floor it.
Tell me about it!

I'll fill her up, take her out the industrial park *closed down*.

And do a 0-110 clip just to clean her guts out..........and by the time i slow to about 25 the needle has PHYSICALLY dropped to between full and 3/4 haha.

Only time she lugs is when shes cold, then i have issues getting her up to 55 lmao
Old 16 Sep 2012, 03:30 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by soyomb View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluminator View Post
Tell me about it!

I'll fill her up, take her out the industrial park *closed down*.

And do a 0-110 clip just to clean her guts out..........and by the time i slow to about 25 the needle has PHYSICALLY dropped to between full and 3/4 haha.

Only time she lugs is when shes cold, then i have issues getting her up to 55 lmao
2.4 not 1.6 right Teska?

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 16 Sep 2012, 03:31 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

I've owned both. It's a slug with the A/C on, that's why they program the compressor to shut down on full throttle. My 2001 was still a blast to drive. The turbo is a real blast to drive. Now with some mods I can keep up with almost anything. Most recently was an SRT Challenger.

Original Owner 135k
2005 Turbo Touring Convertible Auto w/ Stage 1, DSP inTune w/ Diablo Tune, Composite Intake, Air Box Modification, Hard Pipes, K&N, KYB's, Vision Motorworks Wires, Continental Extreme Contact DWS, Rear Sway Bar, Strut Tower Bar, UltraGauge.
Old 16 Sep 2012, 03:33 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by compdr59 View Post
I've owned both. It's a slug with the A/C on, that's why they program the compressor to shut down on full throttle. My 2001 was still a blast to drive. The turbo is a real blast to drive. Now with some mods I can keep up with almost anything. Most recently was an SRT Challenger.
These things get such a bad rep for being underpowered. I've stomped the gas against a LOT of cars just drivng around town, and other than the C5 corvette that i for some reason felt like testing...........i've usually won :-p and mine is NON turbo haha

Im thinking of takin her to the track this weekend just because im wondering what my 1/4 mile would be. or just time it 0-60 with my handy phone stopwatch lmao

I know one thing for certain. I threw on a thread showing set of fronts yesterday in my buddies lot, and hammered her down in reverse with the Ebrake on........lets say i created a storm :-d THIS THING DOES HAVE POWER! haha

Last edited by pluminator; 16 Sep 2012 at 03:35 pm.
Old 16 Sep 2012, 03:38 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by pluminator View Post
These things get such a bad rep for being underpowered. I've stomped the gas against a LOT of cars just drivng around town, and other than the C5 corvette that i for some reason felt like testing...........i've usually won :-p and mine is NON turbo haha

Im thinking of takin her to the track this weekend just because im wondering what my 1/4 mile would be. or just time it 0-60 with my handy phone stopwatch lmao

I know one thing for certain. I threw on a thread showing set of fronts yesterday in my buddies lot, and hammered her down in reverse with the Ebrake on........lets say i created a storm :-d THIS THING DOES HAVE POWER! haha
They felt bad for you and didn't try.

Original Owner 135k
2005 Turbo Touring Convertible Auto w/ Stage 1, DSP inTune w/ Diablo Tune, Composite Intake, Air Box Modification, Hard Pipes, K&N, KYB's, Vision Motorworks Wires, Continental Extreme Contact DWS, Rear Sway Bar, Strut Tower Bar, UltraGauge.
Old 16 Sep 2012, 03:40 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by compdr59 View Post
They felt bad for you and didn't try.
haha no they tried. there was a clear look of despair when they realized they just got whipped by a PURPLE PT! haha one guys gf even called him an exlicit word for a female dog lmao