PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Torque mounts...don't last worth a damn!!!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mdskinner731

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29 Sep 2012, 01:23 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default Torque mounts...don't last worth a damn!!!

Okay, I am going on my third set now going to 130k miles...

This time around I am changing the transmission mount and both torque mounts. Hopefully, this combination will last AT LEAST 60k....

2005 Touring Black - Automagic....California Smog Legal

H&R Cup Kit | TSW Sakata 18x8 35ET | Nankang NS-II 235/40/18 | SPC front alignment cam - rear shim | Master Pro Rotors | Master Pro Ceramic F/R pads | Rebuilt Cylinder Head - Safety Valves and Guides | Felpro Head Gasket and upper rebuild kit | Fail-safe 195 degree thermostat | Mopar Waterpump...lol | 3rd radiator fan motor | Gates timing belt kit | WIX filters (oil, transmission) | Mobile 1 5w30 | Mopar ATF4 | Redline Water Wetter | K&N Drop-In | 4th Drive side Axle | Energy Suspension Torque Mounts | 3rd set of Torque Mounts...

Last edited by CREWZIN; 29 Sep 2012 at 02:54 pm.
Old 29 Sep 2012, 02:00 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: Torque mounts...dont last worth sh*t!!!

Get a tube of windshield urethane and fill the open areas in the strut. Let set for a few days to cure and you will never need to replace them again.
Old 29 Sep 2012, 02:02 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via MSN to Pipeous

do you guys even refill the used/old mounts with this urethane? I was going to be doing all my mounts next repair escapade but if I can get away with just filling all my old ones then that'd be much cheaper and could do it right away
The Mean Tangerine: Pteazer Smoothie front fascia, Roadster grill, and Retro real roll pan, dual exhaust, 17" Momo wheels, Eibach lowering kit, 2005 intake, bov, 5 speed manual tranny, painted door pillars, altezza tail lights, hurst short shift kit, hard pipes, halo fog lights and stage 1 computer and injectors
Old 29 Sep 2012, 02:04 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

There is a third motor mount. Also try high performance neon mounts. They have more rubber in them. Or urethane your old ones.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 29 Sep 2012, 08:51 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default Re: Torque mounts...don't last worth a damn!!!

Well, I ordered new ones from RockAuto again. I will be urethane'g them when I get them....

2005 Touring Black - Automagic....California Smog Legal

H&R Cup Kit | TSW Sakata 18x8 35ET | Nankang NS-II 235/40/18 | SPC front alignment cam - rear shim | Master Pro Rotors | Master Pro Ceramic F/R pads | Rebuilt Cylinder Head - Safety Valves and Guides | Felpro Head Gasket and upper rebuild kit | Fail-safe 195 degree thermostat | Mopar Waterpump...lol | 3rd radiator fan motor | Gates timing belt kit | WIX filters (oil, transmission) | Mobile 1 5w30 | Mopar ATF4 | Redline Water Wetter | K&N Drop-In | 4th Drive side Axle | Energy Suspension Torque Mounts | 3rd set of Torque Mounts...
Old 29 Sep 2012, 09:01 pm
Senior Cruiser

Dang!

I just bought mine at Autozone and they are doing fine.

Duralast. Lifetime guarantee.

Tim
Old 30 Sep 2012, 10:44 am
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdfrodolives View Post
Dang!

I just bought mine at Autozone and they are doing fine.

Duralast. Lifetime guarantee.

Tim
i tore the duralast mount in a week. then i filled it because i didnt want to play the warrantee game every week. then the bolt broke. i replaced it with a rear lower control arm bolt from a mustang and added a large fender washer. it's been great ever since.

i later learned there is an adjustment procedure i skipped. i tend to accelerate hard and downshift constantly. also i hardly ever use the clutch when i'm changing gears which i'm sure doesn't help much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipeous View Post
do you guys even refill the used/old mounts with this urethane? I was going to be doing all my mounts next repair escapade but if I can get away with just filling all my old ones then that'd be much cheaper and could do it right away
yes. the one i filled was torn completely in half. i removed as much of the stock rubber as i could before i filled it. the only rubber i left was to help me align the pieces properly.

Last edited by rob342; 30 Sep 2012 at 10:48 am.
Old 30 Sep 2012, 01:26 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Don't need to remove any of the rubber if you don't want to. Just needs to be clean so the urathane bonds well.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 01 Oct 2012, 07:22 am
Cool Cruiser

The urathane method is superb! I bought some a few months back and did both mounts, all vibrations away! One of the best tips I've found on here and yes my mounts were old!
Old 01 Oct 2012, 11:39 am
Cool Cruiser

Energy Suspension 5.1109 Motor Mount Inserts Dodge SRT4 03-05
i tried these when i did my build on the cruiser. i have had no issues at all. work great and comes in different collors too (if you want a show car)
XtrmDC2 likes this.