Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Slight jerking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05 Oct 2012, 10:47 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Slight jerking

I'll drive about 3-4 miles either way to or from work, and I'll almost always, without fail, get this issue. Originally, I took my car to Pepboys for a Diagnostic. they told me it was the radiator fan assembly. So, me and my dad went out and fixed that ourselves. Perfectly fine. Yay.

It worked for about a day or two. Then my check engine light came on. I did that little trick to see if the codes would pop up on the odometer, but all I got was lines. I guess that means my car thinks itself fine.

We tried adding a little more coolant to the engine, and the light went away temporarily. Then it came back the next day on the way home from work.

The jolting stops after I shut off my car and start it back up, which is great if I hit a red light. I wouldn't want this to happen on the highway or interstate, though. (I just barely reach the interstate when it starts jerking about! xD)

We tried parking and keeping my car on after it happened, popping the hood, and revving the engine from under the hood. Heard some weird airy noise.

Any ideas? I looked around; I saw a lot about the cam sensor. My dad think that's a good bet, but I would like to get another opinion. Any way to check? Maybe it's a fan because of the noise or something? Like a leak in the system?
Old 05 Oct 2012, 10:54 am
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: Slight jerking

Or a vacuum leak. But you need to get the codes. If you can't get them by doing the key trick then take it to Autozone or someplace like that and get the codes read.
Old 06 Oct 2012, 10:43 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: Slight jerking

Alright. Well, we're going to pick on the Cam Sensor none the less and test for either later today. I hope we don't have to play the 'which vacuum is bad' game, but we'll see. xD;