Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
PLEASE HELP!!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 Oct 2012, 09:45 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default PLEASE HELP!!!!!

I have a 08 pt non turbo long story short i put a motor in this thing now the battery light comes on it and as soon as the cooling fans come on I can watch my voltmeter go from 10-9-8-7 than car straight out dies it has a new battery and new alternator twice gggrrrrrr i back probed the alternator and i am only getting 11.18 volts out of the signal wire any ideas also if i put my volt meter to the red wire off the back side of the alternator it should be reading something correct help please just frustrated with this damn thing thanks
shaun
Old 10 Oct 2012, 10:21 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Re: PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Well I'm no electrical expert...but if your alternator is only putting out 11.18 volts..it's not charging the battery.

I'm new to this platform but usually there is a voltage regulator/bushings built into the alternator. Voltage Regulator, can usually be replaced a minum cost so you don't have to change out the whole alternator.

That's where I would start.

Oh crap!

voltage regulator location
Old 10 Oct 2012, 10:48 am
Cool Cruiser

call up Auto-Computer-Exchange (ACE) get a reman PCM and go from there bud.
Old 10 Oct 2012, 11:43 am
Fresh Cruiser

thanks guys yeah i heard that before i mean it starts and runs great but no charging and i work at napa auto parts so i know its not the alternator 2nd one i put on and still same condition what a pain in the a$$ job to do!!!!
Old 10 Oct 2012, 12:13 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssshaun View Post
thanks guys yeah i heard that before i mean it starts and runs great but no charging and i work at napa auto parts so i know its not the alternator 2nd one i put on and still same condition what a pain in the a$$ job to do!!!!
Man that sucks! Don't feel bad on my 944 T, I've been bleeding the clutch system for aww 6 months! Still had air in it, using a power bleeder,changed the master clutch cylinder, rebuilt the clutch slave cylinder, no luck. So I kept at it. Finally a friend came over and he pushed the clutch in and I looked thru the bell housing at the clutch fork...it was only moving 1/2 as far as it should!

So no matter how much I bleed it, it was'nt going to change! Clutch slave is still the issue.

So like your Alternator...I changed the "bad" part so it's got to be better now! Yeah I guess not!