PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Dyno chart for a na cruiser?

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19 Oct 2012, 01:43 am
Young Cruiser

Default Dyno chart for a na cruiser?

I have found all kinds of info on the GT. Was wondering if there was a chart for the non-turbo in here. Ultimately, I am trying to determine the best shift points.
Old 19 Oct 2012, 08:58 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Dyno chart for a na cruiser?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gru View Post
I have found all kinds of info on the GT. Was wondering if there was a chart for the non-turbo in here. Ultimately, I am trying to determine the best shift points.
You would need to do a personally DYNO pull on your own PT to determine that.

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN
Old 19 Oct 2012, 10:57 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gru View Post

Here You Go
Old 19 Oct 2012, 11:23 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Those will not work for what he wants! If you read what he is asking for is to find the best shift points for his personal PT.

These DYNO y-tubes are useless unless he has exactly duplicated all there engine modifications and that his PT's engine is in the same mechanical condition as those in the DYNO runs. Chassis DYNO's are for the purpose of individually tuning a vehicle or as a form of entertainment with the "DYNO" war competition.

Comparing......

Dalai Lama
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN

Last edited by NitroPT; 19 Oct 2012 at 11:26 pm.
Old 20 Oct 2012, 12:26 am
Fanatic Cruiser

look in your manual. kinda cant believe noone actually mentioned this but it says I forget where but I know its in there. read it while on the toilet lol. but it gives excellent detail on when to shift for regular driving conditions and for performance driving. I remeber it saying first is to like 30 and 2nd to 60 and 3rd to 90. if you don't have one let me know. I can check in my glovebox and write it down but I'm bout 90% sure those are the best shift times for having fun if that's what yiud call it. that's what I call it lol.
2005 n/a 5 speed. 177365 miles. spectre cold air intake, white and pink leds under dash and back seats, purple leds in vents, wall with 1 18" subwoofer built behind back seat(soon to be either 16 American bass vfl8's or 4 18's with the wall rebuilt all the way to behind the front seats,cant wait!!!), blue dash lights, pink turn signal indicators. 3D tails and tinted backup lights. Power antenna (that no longer has power ha!) another one gone but wont be forgotten

2003 gt turbo. 130245 miles. autostick, mopar riceplate, 3" o2 housing and downpipe. custom diablo tune (totaled, gone but not forgotten)

2003 dream cruiser. autostick, mopar body kit, mopar bov, cai. s1 injectors. mopar s1 pcm. 3" 02 housing and downpipe installed from last turbo, upper IC hardpipe more on its way soon.......... diablo tuner in the near future.
Old 20 Oct 2012, 12:56 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Ya those are pretty standard/generic
shift recommendations for most vehicles. I may be wrong looking at his signature and
his numberone listed interest is DragRacing, he may be referring to best power to engine speed shift points in a performance relation. Maybe not when he responds again maybe he can define better what he is looking for?

Dalai Lama
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN

Last edited by NitroPT; 20 Oct 2012 at 01:02 am.
Old 20 Oct 2012, 02:31 am
Fanatic Cruiser

3rd to 90 doesn't sound pretty standard to me? not like you see folks going down the road in there 5 speeds hitting over 50 on NORMAL driving conditions. let alone 90. just saying.
2005 n/a 5 speed. 177365 miles. spectre cold air intake, white and pink leds under dash and back seats, purple leds in vents, wall with 1 18" subwoofer built behind back seat(soon to be either 16 American bass vfl8's or 4 18's with the wall rebuilt all the way to behind the front seats,cant wait!!!), blue dash lights, pink turn signal indicators. 3D tails and tinted backup lights. Power antenna (that no longer has power ha!) another one gone but wont be forgotten

2003 gt turbo. 130245 miles. autostick, mopar riceplate, 3" o2 housing and downpipe. custom diablo tune (totaled, gone but not forgotten)

2003 dream cruiser. autostick, mopar body kit, mopar bov, cai. s1 injectors. mopar s1 pcm. 3" 02 housing and downpipe installed from last turbo, upper IC hardpipe more on its way soon.......... diablo tuner in the near future.
Old 20 Oct 2012, 12:29 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I think the point is starting to get lost? The speed of 90 is exceeding all the US maximum speeds to begin with so yes 90 would not be a suggested standard.
My wording for clarity was standard/generic meaning that the engine is capible of generically shifting at those standard points.

Really where is this going? The op should and needs to come back and re qualify what he is asking for. As I said he is a performance enthusiast so I doubt very much that suggested factory shifting methods are what is being sought here on this thread?

This is not my PT but I was driving it solo!

Dalai Lama
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN
Old 20 Oct 2012, 02:29 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Dyno isn't going to help shift points- One pro stock driver didn't even use a tach!

Here's a G-tech graph of a run on something at some time:

As we can see;

1. even though powerband had radically dropped in first, it's STILL accelerating quicker than when it hits second

2. The driver is an idiot (forever shifts, no use of clutch stored energy except into 2d gear)

So, either get a g-tech (I'll bet cell phones have these apps for free) or use seat of pants
Old 20 Oct 2012, 03:06 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by UptownSport View Post
Dyno isn't going to help shift points- One pro stock driver didn't even use a tach!
As we can see;
1. even though powerband had radically dropped in first, it's STILL accelerating quicker than when it hits second
2. The driver is an idiot (forever shifts, no use of clutch stored energy except into 2d gear)
So, either get a g-tech (I'll bet cell phones have these apps for free) or use seat of pants
That guy truly knows his engine!

I have run Super Gas, Gas Altered, Super Stock and ET Brackets over the years and would never think of not using the Tach!!!

The use of Engine Dyno as well a Chassis Dyno information to know exactly the best power band to set the shifting perimeters of my car have always been a required tool.
G-Tech or Auto Meter D-Pic's are very accurate if set up correctly.

And yes there is some good Accelerometers programs available for the smart phones.

Pictured:
There are 3 shift lights one is a programmable with Data logging. Also you can see the D-Pic by the rear view mirror. Yes I love gauges!!
My MINI

Dalai Lama
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN

Last edited by NitroPT; 20 Oct 2012 at 03:11 pm.