Advertisements
PT A/C

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kawizx9r

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30 Oct 2012, 05:40 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default PT A/C

I had the battery replaced in my 06' PT Touring a couple days ago, initially they they had it backwards and "sparked" it a couple times. After I left I noticed that it had blown some fuses (radio, power locks), which they replaced when I took it back. Today I see that my A/C isn't working, the fan blows, but not cold! I took it back to the parts store, but we couldn't find a fuse for the A/C... could this have caused a more serious problem? They told me to take it to a mechanic, I am concerned because they caused this problem. Thank you for any help.
Old 30 Oct 2012, 05:55 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: PT A/C

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKKaren View Post
I had the battery replaced in my 06' PT Touring a couple days ago, initially they they had it backwards and "sparked" it a couple times. After I left I noticed that it had blown some fuses (radio, power locks), which they replaced when I took it back. Today I see that my A/C isn't working, the fan blows, but not cold! I took it back to the parts store, but we couldn't find a fuse for the A/C... could this have caused a more serious problem? They told me to take it to a mechanic, I am concerned because they caused this problem. Thank you for any help.
Have them front any and all costs for diagnostics/labor/parts.

They could have fried something like a relay, but to be honest I'd wait until someone chimes in. The 2006+ models have the canbus system, 05 and below don't. As for the location of the relays, it's under the intake near the battery. It's a rectangular, black plastic cover that can be removed to remove/replace the relays.
OKKaren likes this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromenut View Post
Kawi is a friggin genius!
Old 30 Oct 2012, 07:09 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawizx9r View Post
Have them front any and all costs for diagnostics/labor/parts.

They could have fried something like a relay, but to be honest I'd wait until someone chimes in. The 2006+ models have the canbus system, 05 and below don't. As for the location of the relays, it's under the intake near the battery. It's a rectangular, black plastic cover that can be removed to remove/replace the relays.
Is this run through any of those control modules?

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 30 Oct 2012, 08:00 pm
Fresh Cruiser

There is no relay/fuse for the A/C...thank you for your reply
Old 30 Oct 2012, 08:28 pm
Senior Cruiser

They could have caused an issue with the TIPM. You can reset it by unhooking the negative lead, push the brake pedal a few times to get rid of any residual power, wait ten minutes more and then hook it back up.

If that doesn't work then it will need to go to the dealer to have have them hook it up to their scan tool and see if they can reset it or update it. If it is messed up then they will want to replace it along with the wiring harness which is big bucks. I would make sure that the parts store covers all costs.
Old 30 Oct 2012, 08:34 pm
Young Cruiser

I can't believe they couldn't figure out which post to hook the big red wire to.
That is just nutz.
Old 30 Oct 2012, 08:59 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Ya! I think it was Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum that did the work!
Old 31 Oct 2012, 12:59 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Wow! On my way to work this morning I noticed that everytime I turned on the heater, the lights would dim (up & down) for a couple seconds! Could this be related?? The parts store that replaced and sparked my battery isn't being very cooperative!
Old 31 Oct 2012, 02:30 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Karen....
Like Ray stated, the 06 has a TIPM (Totally Integrated Power Module) This replaces the fuse box on the 01-05 PT cruisers. This is a dealer reset or some shops have a Chrysler scan tool that can read DTC's and resets. (I have access to a "Snap-on). Worst case is that they damaged the TIPM and a replacement is necessary.

Old 01 Nov 2012, 12:47 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thank you Ray and 767skyking It's going to a mechanic this afternoon! I'll let you know what happens. Thanks again, Karen