PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
pt wont start? ignition lights remain on.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04 Nov 2012, 06:49 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default pt wont start? ignition lights remain on.

I've been noticing that when I push the clutch in, my pt almost does'nt want to start, unless it all the way to the floor. I thought it might be the clutch. Tonight it just plain did'nt start, and the ignition lights are staying on? I disconnected the battery. The car is tuned, low miles in great condition. I have an idea this is a typical malfunction, with the ignition switch and possibly in conjunction with the clutch , can someone please help me? Thanks a bundle, Conrad

Last edited by CREWZIN; 04 Nov 2012 at 08:26 pm.
Old 05 Nov 2012, 09:16 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Smile Re: pt wont start? ignition lights remain on.

I have worked on 2 PT cruser, I found on both cars, there is a stran is wire that runs along the rack n pinion the same wires that connect to the alternator. They are hard to see you have to follow the wires from the alternator and inspect them carefully make sure u pull back the wire harness to expose all the wires. they fall down just low enough that they rub along the rack n pinion or maybe it is called the inner and outer tie rods. you will see what I am talking about if you lay under the car i mean u have to be in the center to see what I am talking about. hope this helps