PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
2006 Tempture issues

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08 Nov 2012, 03:00 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Unhappy 2006 Tempture issues

Hi guys,

I have a 06 Limited. I was having cooling issues where I would just be driving along freeway or streets and my temp gauge would go all the way up the light would come on then the gauge would just drop back down to normal operating temp in the middle.

So I went out bought a thermostat bought new fluid flushed the system and changed out the thermostat and checked my fan connectors underneath the car. I put the normal green anti freeze in the car. I read on countless PT forums that its better then the stuff you have to get from the dealer. My car was then running better and I stopped having the temp issues. But this is the new issues that popped up. My car would run operating temp at the quarter or below mark on the temp gauge. My heater wasn't working at all either and then my engine light came on. I did burp my cooling system not many bubbles came out. I also bought one of these Lisle 24610 Spill-Free Funnel and ran my car for about a hour with the heater on full blast it still had little bubbles coming out and it finally stopped.

So my car after using the Lisle was running around half or a bit below on the temp gauge. I got on the freeway and my temp gauge shot back down to a quarter and below. I turned on the heat and it was warm not hot coming out. I turned on the defrost with the heat on high and it started coming out cold. I turned it back to the normal vents heat on high and it was still cold. I had to turn off the fan then back on and I kinda got heat.

So my issues are two fold really inconsistent heater and the car running to cool at the quarter mark not the normal half mark that I read most PT's run at. What did I do wrong here any help would be great.

thanks in advanced
Old 08 Nov 2012, 03:22 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default Re: 2006 Tempture issues

Is it possible you have an electrical issue with the gauge or sensor, and not an actual cooling system problem?
Old 08 Nov 2012, 03:48 pm
Fresh Cruiser

My old thermostat looked messed up. I have thought about that. My car always had odd electrical stuff like one time I hit my dash and my car turned off lol only happend once I do get the error where if I have my keys in and the power on not the car for a bit turn my car on my out side temp display will show two lines.

I have never though had my engine light turn on before so this is new. My heater as well doesn't get hot untill the car reaches mid temp and its barly even hot at all.
Old 09 Nov 2012, 01:27 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Sounds to me like you have a cooler thermostat in now.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles