PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
PT Cruiser died no fuel and won't crank!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Nov 2012, 12:13 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to PurpleCruizerConvertible Send a message via MSN to PurpleCruizerConvertible Send a message via Yahoo to PurpleCruizerConvertible
Default PT Cruiser died no fuel and won't crank!

I have a 2005 PT Cruiser GT Convertible with the 2.4L HO motor. My wife and I were driving thru town and we slowed down the engine died and we pulled over to the curb. I tried to re-start it thinking it just stalled but it won't crank and it's not getting fuel. it has a full tank of fuel. We have plenty of electicity as the battery is only 6 months old. We tried to jump start it and that didn't work. Could it be the decelerate fuel cut-off relay or just a bad fuel pump? The engine will not crank! Thanks for any help you can give me.

Last edited by PurpleCruizerConvertible; 17 Nov 2012 at 12:22 pm.
Old 17 Nov 2012, 12:49 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: PT Cruiser died no fuel and won't crank!

listen under the car and see if you can hear the fuel pump prime when you cycle the key

do the headlights work?

how many miles?

what is the condition of the battery cables? mine corroded in half by the starter

does it click like a low battery when you try to crank it?

turn the key on off on off on and read the codes it displays in the odometer

let us know what you find.
Old 17 Nov 2012, 12:49 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

If it won't crank over at all, many owners have had problems with the ignition switch.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 17 Nov 2012, 04:47 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to PurpleCruizerConvertible Send a message via MSN to PurpleCruizerConvertible Send a message via Yahoo to PurpleCruizerConvertible

Here are the codes that come when I cycle the key. FL007 EE 14 BL 01 It doesn't prime the fuel pump and will not click when you try to start it. I only have 38,000 miles on it the cables are in good shape. Tried resetting the ECU by holding in the trip reset button and turning the ignition to the run position. It still won't start. Thanks.

Last edited by PurpleCruizerConvertible; 17 Nov 2012 at 04:50 pm.
Old 17 Nov 2012, 05:26 pm
Veteran Cruiser

i never have seen any codes like that. usually they are like "p0420" etc. -i'm sure someone more knowledgeable than me can point you in the right direction soon
Old 17 Nov 2012, 05:50 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleCruizerConvertible View Post
Here are the codes that come when I cycle the key. FL007 EE 14 BL 01 It doesn't prime the fuel pump and will not click when you try to start it. I only have 38,000 miles on it the cables are in good shape. Tried resetting the ECU by holding in the trip reset button and turning the ignition to the run position. It still won't start. Thanks.
How did you get that code? That code looked familiar so i looked it up and that is the software version of the PCM. It usually shows when doing the instrument panel self test.
Old 17 Nov 2012, 06:55 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Ray's right, they aren't the fault codes only software codes. It means you didn't do the "key trick" correctly. Try again.

How to retrieve fault codes.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 17 Nov 2012, 07:00 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Okay, looks like I didn't do it enough times. I think I only did it 2 times before I left it in the on position. I'll try it again tomorrow. Thanks for all the input!
Old 18 Nov 2012, 08:19 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Tried the key trick today no codes appeared. But the airbag light stays lit does this mean it thinks the airbags deployed when they didn't actually deploy. Could the deceleration fuel cut-off relay have quit and caused the fuel pump to not work? Any ideas would help. Thanks
Old 21 Nov 2012, 05:03 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Had it in the shop. Turns out the ECM is bad had to replace it. New computer and flash software and shop time just under $1000. Ough!!!!!