Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Replaced Thermostat 06 PT Getting Engine Light ERROR P0128 Coolant Thermostat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 Nov 2012, 04:57 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Replaced Thermostat 06 PT Getting Engine Light ERROR P0128 Coolant Thermostat

So I recently Replaced my thermostat and flushed the system. The system was bruped. My heater doesnt get hot unless the care gets to about mid temp and that only happens on city street driving. My engine light turned on and I get the error code

P0128 Coolant Thermostat

My car constantly runs about 1/4 up the temp range and lower. I got a fail safe thermostat. Did I miss something when replacing my thermostat??? I Made sure the notch was in the right direction is there a way to reset the thermostat senor I took the battery cable off and the engine light turned off for a while and just came back on today.
Old 20 Nov 2012, 06:47 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: Replaced Thermostat 06 PT Getting Engine Light ERROR P0128 Coolant Thermostat

Sounds like you got a bad thermostat. Seems like the fails ages in these cars don't work so well. I would get a normal thermostat and make sure you get the right temp thermostat.