Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Fuel tank straps

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 Nov 2012, 07:12 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Fuel tank straps

Problems seem to come in bunches. This time I have a fuel tank strap that has rusted through and is dangling from the bottom of the car. I will see if I can find one locally. I had a quick look and it seems that the strap is bolted at one end and clips in at the other. Hopefully I can get my hands up in there to remove the old strap and get a new one in. Anyone have any tips. I did a search, but didn't find anything. On the bright side, this could explain why my fuel gauge stopped working.
Old 21 Nov 2012, 10:54 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Fuel tank straps

if you un bolt the bolted end i think you can get to the oter end if not you may have to drop the tank and replace them
Old 21 Nov 2012, 06:52 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: Fuel tank straps

Well, unbolting was the easy part. Trying to remove the old straps from the other end was the problem. There is a little keyway that you turn the strap 90 degrees and just pull it out. This would be easy with the tank removed, but it is another story when you can only lower the tank a bit. It took a great deal of patience and a bit of adult language, I managed to get it done.