PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
2006 pt cruiser need help please!!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ray_Dockrey

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01 Dec 2012, 01:05 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Question 2006 pt cruiser need help please!!

I have a 2006 pt cruiser. My passenger side headlight will only work on high beam. We changed the fuse and bulb. It was a no go. We noticed that not only did that stop working but my sun roof stopped working and my hatch won't open without having the key in and turned in unlock mode the whole time. I am not sure if they are all related to the same problem. My blinker works and the high beam. My brother in law said it may be the chassis control module. If it is that, why would it only be effecting the low beam? And is that why my sunroof and hatch won't open? Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated!
Ls1216
Old 01 Dec 2012, 03:22 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: 2006 pt cruiser need help please!!

This has come up before with 2006's. It probably is the TIPM (Total Integrated Power Module). Some have reported that the dealer can reflash it which fixes the issue. Others have said it had to be replaced which is very expensive. You can try unhooking the battery and resetting it that way but it will probably need a trip to the dealer. Seems like you have troubleshooted everything else with it.
Busted_PT likes this.
Old 01 Dec 2012, 04:54 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: 2006 pt cruiser need help please!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray_Dockrey View Post
This has come up before with 2006's. It probably is the TIPM (Total Integrated Power Module). Some have reported that the dealer can reflash it which fixes the issue. Others have said it had to be replaced which is very expensive. You can try unhooking the battery and resetting it that way but it will probably need a trip to the dealer. Seems like you have troubleshooted everything else with it.
X2, I believe Ray is all over this one.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com