Advertisements
whats missing in the roof on my 2000 pt cruiser

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By CREWZIN

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11 Dec 2012, 10:07 am
Fresh Cruiser

Thumbs down whats missing in the roof on my 2000 pt cruiser

Hi whats supposed to fit in the small round hole just foreward of the interior lamp in the centre of the roof lining ? any ideas?
Old 11 Dec 2012, 11:35 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: whats missing in the roof on my 2000 pt cruiser

The interior lamp above the front seats? Nothing unless you have a moon roof. Other than that, did you buy the cruiser new? Maybe the previous owner was going to put something there like a DVD player for the kids in the back.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 11 Dec 2012, 11:36 am
Senior Cruiser

Nothing that I know of. Did you buy the Cruiser recently and do you know it's history? I'm thinking that maybe a previous owner had something like a video screen up there. You might see other signs of aftermarket equipment removal around the radio and glovebox areas.

How did you get your hands on a 2000 Cruiser when the first year was 2001?
Old 11 Dec 2012, 11:41 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2step View Post
How did you get your hands on a 2000 Cruiser when the first year was 2001?

Take a look at my signature. The PT started production (as a 2001 model) way early in 2000, maybe April/May of 2000. Those of us who originally bought and still have the early models consider them a breed of their own.

Welcome to the PT Cruiser Old Timers Club

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 11 Dec 2012, 12:21 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
Take a look at my signature. The PT started production (as a 2001 model) way early in 2000, maybe April/May of 2000. Those of us who originally bought and still have the early models consider them a breed of their own.

Welcome to the PT Cruiser Old Timers Club

I know all about that. I just don't consider those "early" Cruisers to be 2000. I could be wrong and if the title and Kelly Blue Book and the rest of the auto industry recognize it as a 2000, I'll capitulate the point.

When I was a young squirt, I bought one of the first Mustangs off the line in May 1964. It was titled as a '65 and as far as I know, nobody ever considers there ever were '64 Mustangs. (I kinda recall a few people using the term "64 & 1/2 Mustang" way back then for a while but it didn't catch on.)
Old 11 Dec 2012, 12:25 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Whatever. We have a website and some owners got to know others through it and we stand by it, official or not and yes the 64 1/2 Mustang did catch on as I see it in magazines and here people talking about it.

This one's for you.

How to Identify a '64-1/2 Mustang

http://www.mustangmonthly.com/thehis...4/viewall.html

Last edited by CREWZIN; 11 Dec 2012 at 12:27 pm.
Old 11 Dec 2012, 12:36 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

[When I was a young squirt, I bought one of the first Mustangs off the line in May 1964. It was titled as a '65 and as far as I know, nobody ever considers there ever were '64 Mustangs. (I kinda recall a few people using the term "64 & 1/2 Mustang" way back then for a while but it didn't catch on.)[/QUOTE]

Well not to get involved but WRONG the stangs that were built in 64 are indeed a verry rare and hard to come by car and comand a lot more greenbacks than a stright 65 so while the title will say whatever it says the numbers will tell the story and if it is a 64 1/2 mustang and by some act of God the numbers match well you have found that needle in a haystack and even if the numbers dont all match its still a high dollar car way more so than a 65--check Barrett Jackson

now3 as far as the Pt sure its diffrent but still numbers tell the story and there are diffrences in the verry first year and the 2001's( ok im not sure what but some ware i read that there were a few)
Old 11 Dec 2012, 12:59 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

During the first few months of the PT production, there were only 2 window switches up front. The rear windows could only be operated by the switch on the rear of the floor console. After that the EGR pipe out the back of the upper manifold was only on the first year or so production plus we only had the single arm rest on the drivers seat.

Old 11 Dec 2012, 01:14 pm
Banned

My brother owned a 65 mustang, and just sold his 66 gt fastback.

There were differences between the 64 1/2 and the 1965
Old 11 Dec 2012, 08:24 pm
Fresh Cruiser

My PT was first registered here in the UK in 2000 according to the documentation that was supplied with the vehicle. The chassis number is
1C8FZBB911T538387 and its a LIMITED EDITION A in silver.